Newcastle-u-Tyne, Worthing, Shipley, Telford, Manchester and Cardiff.
National £64,000 - £117,800 London £67,500 - £117,800
Reporting to the Programme Director, you will be accountable for leading a portfolio of complex IT projects, and major programme delivery
Reporting to the Programme Director, you will be accountable for leading a portfolio of complex IT projects, and major programme delivery. You will provide strong and visible leadership across the Programme, the wider Digital directorate and HMRC. Key responsibilities of the role include
- Successful delivery of a complex programme of new digital services using agile development methods.
- Leading senior stakeholder engagement activities within HMRC and across a wide range of government departments and agencies.
- Building business stakeholders’ confidence through excellent business insight and end customer focus and developing and applying robust business readiness processes
- Developing and effectively manging the business case and financial approvals and reporting processes for the programmes and ensuring timely release of project outputs.
- Highlighting the key risks and issues and dependencies that threaten delivery, proposing and initiating corrective actions, escalating concerns to the Programme Director as appropriate
- Ensuring project outputs are released at the appropriate time and to the necessary quality
- Managing relationships with key suppliers driving quality and value from the suppliers delivering programme outputs
- Championing standards and recognised good practice in programme and project management and sharing learning from the experience of others.
- Identifying and developing talent within the programme teams and taking personal accountability for building digital professionalism in your programme
- Collaborating with business, change and technical professionals across HMRC to maintain a strong pipeline of ideas and initiatives that can be developed into future change proposals
- Overseeing the effective allocation and management of finance and resources to the Programme, particularly in relation to: building capability, IT/Systems/Technology and Growth to reduce duplication in the business
- Ensuring that appropriate contingency plans and issue resolution groups are put in place to support the go live of the new service.