Jaguar Land Rover is harnessing technology to make driving smarter, safer and cleaner. You can help create a world in which responsible, sustainable vehicles revolutionise the driving experience for generations. Our vision is to leverage the incredible potential of technology to build vehicles that not only offer a premium, all-encompassing digital experience, but that also make our customers lives better.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As an EDS Lead Engineer, you’ll join a close-knit, highly capable, experienced and supportive team Industrialising and Delivering High Voltage harness assemblies from Program Start to Volume Production. Working in a highly dynamic environment on our Flagship products whilst interfacing with a wide range of JLR Teams and Production Suppliers, your contribution will ensure HV harnesses are designed, industrialised and delivered to Quality, Cost, Weight and Time targets whilst meeting JLR and Supplier Processes and Requirements.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Supports the delivery of the EDS commodity including geometry, cost, weight, quality and functional performance.
- Working-level understanding of merging logical data with mechanical data in alignment with build of design (BoD) build of process (BoP) and harness DFM requirements.
- Wiring harness manufacturing knowledge.
- Identify key EDS standards and design requirements.
- Manage VEPS tracker and RMDV for EDS.
- Knowledge of 2D / 3D wiring harnesses geometry, change control, product definition and change management processes are desirable in order to support the review of feasible product actions.
- Ensure robust implementation and compatibility with downstream systems through to production.
- Understands technical requirements for delivery of vehicle EDS.
- Develop and deliver strategies and processes to improve the EDS components.
- Create/provide all the required documentation/plans to support virtual builds & validation plans.
- In House Engineering, Supplier and EDS Tier 1 supplier meetings and collaboration.
- Part validation and sign off activities.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Self-starter able to sustain a high, multitask workload. Combine Engineering with business skills.
- Ability to work within a team or alone with exceptional organisation skills and attention to detail.
- High or Low voltage experience.
- Must be computer literate, excel, word, PowerPoint and easily adapt to company-specific systems (previous knowledge in WERS, AIMS, RMDV, ECR’s would be a benefit but not essential as training can be provided).
- Must have good presentation skills with the ability to clearly communicate to all levels within the company (production line to director level).
- Strategic thinker willing to develop their role for the progression of the commodity.
- Educated to degree level or relevant equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of failure mode avoidance and problem-solving tools such as Six Sigma, 8D and DMAIC.
- Experience of project and/or programme management.
- Previous work within a multidiscipline Engineering team.
- Experience of technical problem resolution. A knowledge of System validation processes.
- Experience with the following tools: CATIA V5, V6, Team Center, DT Database, ECR Database, Digital Buck, EDS-Designer, CAPITAL Tool
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and a performance-related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.