The implementation of Finance Functional Leadership includes a significant level of change to the operating model that is currently in place for finance; modernisation of the Ministry of Defence systems and processes and initial investment in resources to unlock savings in the medium term.
Key responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will be expected to see the programme delivery through to completion which is planned to be over the next three to five years.
The successful candidate should possess demonstrable experience of delivering complex programmes in a dynamic, multi-unit environment. They will possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and influence across a wide range of stakeholders. The successful candidate should also demonstrate the ability to deliver both directly and through their team and must be sufficiently experienced in finance to achieve credibility amongst their stakeholders, including at the most senior level.
Essential experience and achievements should include:
• A proven track record of programme and project management experience involving business transformation in a complex environment, preferably in both the private and public sector.
• Experience of operating at Board level with a track record of chairing senior meetings.
• Successful contract management experience ideally with IT/IS contracts.
• Proven leadership and change management capability across a matrix management organisation.
• Experience of financial management in a complex, dynamic environment.
• Educated to Degree level, preferably with a post graduate qualification in a related discipline.
Essential skills, knowledge and personal attributes:
• Excellent leadership skills, displaying passion and commitment with the ability to deliver change through people.
• Ability to effectively engage with a diverse range of stakeholders including influencing and negotiating up to Board level.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate messages clearly across all levels of the organisation.
• Professional qualification, preferably Managing Successful Programmes and or a member of the association of project managers.
• Knowledge of government finance.