Nestlé UK & Ireland
2 positions available – Technical or Commercial Teams
Ideally the role will be based at York, however we will consider other locations. If you are based at another location, please note that you will be required to frequently travel across our sites.
Circa £35,000 depending on experience, plus potential bonus + fantastic benefits
This is a full-time permanent opportunity, but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to use during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you.
We have two fantastic opportunities available, one within our technical procurement team and the other focused on commercial procurement both based within our York office. We are looking for a talented individual who wants to broaden their skill set in this Procurement Specialist role position.
The Technical position will be part of the indirect procurement team looking after spend from 13 sites across the UK &I, making sure that Nestlé receives value for money with every £ that is spent.
The Commercial role will focus on looking after commercial spend across Marketing and Sales at Nestlé in the Market UK & Ireland.
A day in the life of a Procurement Specialist
You will be responsible for understanding, communicating and helping to implement sourcing strategies on a local level. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for buying goods or services in locally sourced categories.
You will gather data and business requirements from your category and convey local requirements to Local Business Partners and Local and Above Market Category teams to help set actions and strategies.
Key responsibilities of this role-
• Provide the Local Business Partner with information and requirements gathered through the daily business (volume requirements, budget, supplier, spend data, market issues, local market constraints)
• Provide support to local teams to implement the Above the Market Ways of Working
• Work with the Procurment Business Partner’s and Local Sourcing teams to integrate sourcing plans and outcomes
• Negotiating, implementing and managing contracts securing the most appropriate cost, quality and service for the business.
• Carry out any data retrieval and analysis to identify any improvements
• Keep local BP informed to enable effective communication about successes and failures of Procurement in terms of Savings, Contracts implementations, new WoW (ways of working)
• Act as an interface between the local marketing and Above the Market Teams to support and coordinate the data gathering and any input required for the Above the Market Procurement teams.
• Identify and implement cost saving initiatives in your categories.
• Drive strong stakeholder engagement, presenting and promoting top initiatives and outcomes at key forums.
• Ensuring compliance across all aspects of the process
• Approving Purchase Orders within GLOBE SAP system
What will make you successful
To be successful you will either have previous experience of procurement or come from a buying position with an understanding of technical or commercial categories and a passion for promoting the Nestlé brands.
Other key attributes would be:
• Ability to build strong working relationships with numerous different stakeholders.
• Effective influencer and clear communicator.
• Demonstrate project management skills and be able to manage multiple tasks at once.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SAP.
• Passionate about negotiating, driving value and resolving supply issues.
• Strong proven commercial awareness.
• Having previous CAPEX procurement experience would be advantageous for the technical position however it is not essential.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 18th May 2021.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.