Reporting to the Sales Manager the role is accountable for revenue generation at module/lecturer level within Higher Education Institutions, in the assigned territory.
The role will focus on embedding print and digital products into target modules, within target institutions:
- According to account strategy, engage with lecturers and module leaders
- Understand instructor and learner challenges in the module and programme
- Embed print and digital products into modules according to account strategy
- Accountable for the effective delivery of products to learners whether digital or print, direct to institution or via bookshop.
Revenue Generation and Sales Activities
- Execute the account strategy to maximise sales of Pearson digital and print products into Higher Education institutions in territory.
- Identify and prioritise target modules in target accounts.
- Sell Pearson products directly to module leaders.
- Maintain and acquire new adoptions at module level.
- Engage with academic staff to understand learning objectives of modules and programmes, with Customer Experience team.
- Accelerate the transition from indirect sales (to students via bookshops/ online retailers) to direct (within modules, as part of an overall strategy for the institution).
- Accelerate the transition from print products to digital services.
- Accountable for timely delivery of digital products to modules. Accountable for adequate stock in bookshops (and timely delivery).
- Maintains relationships with book shop managers.
- Drives usage of Pearson products within modules, maximizes digital Registrations, minimise print returns.
- Target competitors and substitutes Pearson products.
- Utilise appropriate sales tools within the sales process to increase effectiveness.
- Deliver year-on-year growth of key accounts.
- Analyse pipeline information and other sales intelligence in order to prioritse Account Team activities.
- Deliver accurate and timely sales proposals at module level.
- Lead effective negotiations at module level.
- Have an outstanding knowledge of Pearson print and digital products:
- key book titles and their accompanying digital resources
- other key digital products (course-level Labs, simulations, etc)
- our digital platforms
- Maintain product knowledge and keep up to date with technological enhancements to our platforms.
- Able to deliver compelling product demonstrations to lecturers and module leaders whether print or digital, regardless of subject area
Sales Planning and Record Keeping
- Create and maintain territory plans that build on the general account strategy.
- Maintain accurate and current details of contacts, calls and opportunities in CRM.
- Use CRM to inform sales planning, territory prioritisation and forecasting.
- Provide regular sales reports as required by the Sales Manager
Working in an Account Team
- Work effectively with Business Development Manager & Sales Manager to build a base of high quality, long term adoptions in target accounts to support institution-wide sales.
- Work effectively with Learning Solutions Managers to delegate custom renewal opportunities into their office-based work stream.
- Work effectively with the Customer Experience team to:
- establish learning outcomes early in the sales process
- build training as part of our solution
- implement ongoing training programmes with selected clients
- triage customer queries
- Work effectively with other business functions to deliver solutions:
- the delivery organisation, customer services, marketing, product managers, finance, senior management.
- Target and performance driven
- Proven record of achieving results
- Highly motivated
- Customer Focused
- Strong organisational and planning skills – manages detail well
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Commitment & flexibility
- A minimum of 3 years in business to business sales
- Strong selling skills / negotiation and presentation skills
- Demonstrate collaborative attitude and behaviour consistent with team and organisational values
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and skills. Comfortable with digital and print media.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Field based & willingness to travel (80%)
- Located within West Midlands / Warwickshire area ideally
- Full driving licence
Primary Location: United Kingdom
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 30, 2018
Job Unposting: Feb 20, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1719754