The Employment and other provisions role exists to manage the performance of the contracted employment programmes, with a budget of around £360 million including staff and operational costs, that support those who are long term unemployed and those with health conditions into sustained work, which is a key arm of the department’s overall objectives, and;
The HDAS role exists to ensure that the HDAS contract and the ASIS contract, collectively worth £190 million per annum, effectively deliver sufficient quality work capability assessments as part of the gateway to protect the public purse and provide claimants with the appropriate support.
- Accountable for the management of contracted and partner services to deliver consistent and timely outcomes to customers.
- Single point of contact relating to all performance aspects of contracted out services supporting your account.
- Responsible for living within the allocated budget and ensuring value for money with the emphasis on cost reduction while sustaining essential services.
- Provides challenge and support to partners and suppliers, ensuring value for money and efficient use of contracts at all levels.
- Promotes effective supply chain relationships.
- Works closely with providers to ensure they comply with clear standards, terms, aims and expectations in accordance with contracts.
- Drives sustained performance improvement by ensuring that business targets and objectives are met in line with original business case assumption, accurately rewarding suppliers according to performance.
- Maintains strong and effective working relationships with a wide range of external stakeholders including current providers and the potential supplier market through trade and industry networks and contacts.
- Supports delivery of CHES and DWP aims, objectives and vision as a member of the CHES Executive Team.
- Provides direct visible and inspirational leadership to the performance management function, as well as across suppliers and the wider DWP.
- DWP Ministerial Private Offices
- DWP Operations / Commercials / Strategy / IT / Finance
- Contracted Health and Employment Services Directorate
- Cabinet Office
- HM Treasury