At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Strategic Partnerships Account Executive (AE) position is located in the Salt Lake City area.
The AE will be responsible for partnering and working closely with the Executive Director (ED) with a focus on growing and maintaining key client institutional partnerships.. With each current partnership the Account executive will upsell by growing the program and combining pan Pearson offerings into solutions to meet the institution’s strategic needs. The AE will report directly to the Regional Vice President of Strategic Partnerships.
This is a remote/home-based position and an ideal job incumbent will be located in Key Markets. Relocation is not available for this position.
- Continuously research, learn, understand and engage with all key institutional stakeholders involved in the partnership model.
- Work with the ED to continuously use qualitative decision criteria to evaluate the viability of each opportunity and make collaborative decisions to pursue only those that fit the mission and purpose.
- Be a strong team player within the Strategic Partnerships group but also actively utilize the local sales team members to develop relationships and opportunities within the territory to maximize current key partnerships.
- Stay current to communicate internally and externally on current industry issues in the Higher Education industry and at each key institutional partner.
- Demonstrate leadership in sales process by directing all internal and external stakeholders involved in order to ensure advancement of the opportunity.
- Summarize and communicate follow-ups and next steps for every partnership engagement with respectful requests for confirmation.
- Collaborate with the Account Managers to ensure a successful implementation roll-out and execution of key metrics for a successful deployment.
- Exemplary client service.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and successful work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of increasingly successful sales achievement.
- Experience selling in the higher education market.
- Highly skilled at managing and servicing complex accounts.
- Excellent executive presence and ability to influence across all levels of an organization
- Strategic thinker adept at identifying opportunities, formulating businesses cases, and gaining support internally
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of others and develop relationships across the organization
- Outstanding track record of defining an effective sales plan and achieving its implementation and execution.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, CRM and Sales Reporting tools.
- Accomplished in understanding how to determine customer needs, coordinating decision processes and consulting within the Higher Education institutional framework.
- Possesses a high level of comfort working with highly complex situations where numerous sources of information must be integrated and interpreted and then have the ability to make connections between issues that arise and feasible solutions.
- Proficient in sales account planning and execution; understands financial models and then is able to create the P&Ls that support and demonstrate those models.
- Thinks strategically and creatively when presented with ambiguous opportunities and is able to be analytical in pursuit of new opportunities
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-Utah
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 2, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1801882