Account General Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
- Achieve and exceed the Pearson preK-12 sales revenue goal in assigned sales and operational expense budgets. Accountable working within assigned sales operational budgets.
- Work with the Market General Manager and Director of Sales to strategize campaigns and implement effective sales actions to maximize profitable revenue across all Pearson preK-12 products, services, and solutions in assigned accounts
- Partner and enhance relationships with all levels of decision makers within assigned districts to present broad Pearson solutions that include instruction, assessment, technology, and services solutions to increase student achievement within the district.
- Identify solution and point opportunities in each assigned district and mobilize Market resources to bring Pearson K-12 expertise to each opportunity to win the business. Resolve territory product and service delivery issues.
- Develop a pre-work strategy for each district in alignment with management guidelines including an annual sales plan in support of organizational goals and objectives incorporating articulated customer needs.
- Prepare sales and pipeline reports showing secured sales, potential sales, and sales opportunity areas implementing the use of strategic sales analytics in assigned accounts
- Seek new solution opportunities for growth in sales territory which includes looking for digital sales and emerging opportunities.
- Coordinate field input to product management, product development, and marketing groups in advance of sales cycles to ensure instructional needs are met with effectiveness and innovation.
- Provide the Market General Manager and Director of Sales accurate information regarding all aspects of the sales activities in assigned districts (sales and budget forecasting, competition analysis, strategy adjustments, sampling effectiveness, market trends, etc.)
- Build relationships with other Pearson divisions and develop and oversee integration plans to maximize revenue opportunities and construct solutions that meet customer needs across elementary, secondary, supplemental, technology, assessment, and services development channels. Assume responsibility in working with Market general Manager and Director of Salesto assure successful pre-work activities for all upcoming campaigns.
- B.A. degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years field sales experience in a sales-driven, quality-oriented organization.
- Proven success in consistently exceeding sales targets.
- Proven success in managing and leading a sales force that sells a broad as well as complex product line.
- Proven experience networking with and influencing decision makers.
- Ability to drive decision makers to Pearson sales solutions within all state campaigns.
- Previous success as a strategic sales thinker and an outstanding communicator with a record of executing sales plans.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to a changing organization.
- Strong communication skills, both in writing and presentations, leveraging technology.
- Must have excellent listening skills in delivering customer requested solutions.
- Ability to achieve established sales objectives.
- High learning curve when it comes to gaining knowledge of new and existing product lines and solutions.
- Ability to use, demonstrate, stay current and drive technology trends internally and externally.
- Significant travel may be required
This position requires the candidate to be located in Dallas Metroplex / I -35 Corridor.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-TX-Dallas
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 9, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1802123