Account Manager - Critical Sales Order Escalations
About Pearson and the Customer Service & Support team
Pearson is the world's leading learning company, with 40,000 employees in more than 80 countries working to help people of all ages make measurable progress in their lives through learning. Pearson provides learning materials, places of learning, technologies, assessments and services to teachers, professionals and students in order to help people everywhere aim higher and fulfil their true potential.
Pearson is organised around three key stages of learning (Schools, Higher Education and Professional) and three geographies (North America, Growth and Core markets). The stages of learning are responsible for the global strategy and product strategy for their respective area, while geographies are responsible for sales and the delivery of our products to customers in those regions.
The Customer Support & Service Delivery team is responsible for providing customer support for Pearson products and services across Core & Growth markets (a footprint which covers more than 100 countries). This includes the provision of contact centre services to diagnose, resolve and where appropriate escalate customer queries relating to product usage and installation / delivery (for digital and print products), and service provision (for ‘direct delivery’ products such as language schools).
Our contact delivery model consists of centrally managed regional hubs delivered through a small number of external vendors of contact centre services.
The hubs and tier 2 support teams work closely with teams across the supply chain, finance and technology to ensure customer orders and requests are processed in a timely manner.
The Field Escalation Manager will:
- Act as the first point of contact for escalations from Sales teams across C&G markets to progress “UK Resource order management requests” that have already gone through the recommended routes for processing/resolution but have been delayed due to a system or process failure..
- Review, assess and evaluate requests in accordance with agreed criteria to ensure they qualify for tactical intervention by FET.
- Partner with subject matter experts to conduct a thorough investigation of issues reported via Sales escalation proess
- Work collaboratively with the Business Process Owners across C&G Operations, Finance and CSS to design and create urgent action plans to ensure the successful processing and fulfilment of orders and resolution of order related customer requests.
- Work across global process owners to agree appropriate timeframes to reflect the urgency and unblock any issues in a timely manner with follow up actions agreed to ensure swift completion
- Ensure relevance, quality and accuracy of agreed interventions by conducting end-user testing and validation across all hubs.
- Project management of all stages of action planning and delivery (development, readiness, delivery, measurement)
- Provision of regular status updates throughout the day to all relevant stakeholders to ensure full visibility of progress being made.
- Meet regularly with programme leads across CS, Ops, Technology and Finance to understand how potential changes to processes and systems will affect the customer experience to ensure a proactive and preventative approach to issue resolution is adopted.
Support other operational and continuous improvement initiatives as required.
Essential skills and characteristics
- Strong customer service experience
- Proven working experience in a trouble shooting and project management capacity
- Proven ability to build consensus, establish trust, and communicate effectively
- Ability to manage stakeholders, often on a remote basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Experience of reviewing urgent escalations, developing action plans and communicating necessary improvements appropriately
- Ability to understand, interpret, prioritise and manage actions as a result of perceived revenue risk
- Demonstrable experience in working within an operations environment with a clear understanding of the principles of performance management and the ability to handle difficult conversations effectively
- Experience of contact centre technologies and leading practices
- Ability to balance conflicting feedback and find appropriate resolutions for issues which affect both the markets and the vendor(s)
- Ability to manage projects and continuous improvement initiatives
- Willingness to work remotely and with a relatively high level of autonomy
Desirable skills and characteristics
- Knowledge of Pearson products and / or related industry experience
- Ability to work on a multi-site basis, taking into account timezone and cultural differences whilst working to deliver a consistent customer experience
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Work Locations: GB-Harlow-Kao Park Kao Park London Rd Harlow CM17 9NA
Job: Customer Service
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: May 15, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 1805467
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.