At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Administrative Assistantprovides centralized day-to-day administrative support to two VP-level product management executives in Pearson’s global product organization. These executives are responsible for Pearson’s portfolio of higher-education digital courseware products and learning applications. The executives are located in Boston and San Francisco, with teams located primarily in Boston, Denver, and Hoboken.
- Manage daily calendars, review meetings, prioritize requests for time and interact with other company executives and their assistants to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings.
- Work with department heads and human resources to assist with new employee on-boarding procedures.
- Arrange travel schedule and reservations for the supported executives and provide assistance as needed to members of the senior management team.
- Arrange logistics and technology for events (on and off-site as well as virtual), conferences, meetings, seminars and other functions.
- Manage monthly business tasks, such as expense reports, tracking project spending and related employee time sheets, processing invoices and departmental costs.
- Assist other team executives with their calendars as needed.
- Act as a liaison between departments, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- See projects through to completion, which may require persistent follow up with individuals at the SVP or VP level or their designate.
- Anticipate the needs of your managers and team members and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise.
- Move quickly with the changing environment and use your knowledge of Pearson’s products and priorities to strategically support your team's projects.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience in a similar role required.
- Experience with calendar management required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex meetings for multiple high level individuals.
- Experience using Google tools such as email, calendar and docs preferred.
- Experience and interest in working in a fast-paced work environment which requires problem solving and handling multiple priorities simultaneously required.Familiarity with travel coordination websites such as Concur or a similar system, preferred.
- In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess the strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
- Ability to effectively attend to a diverse range of priorities working with people/teams throughout the organization on demand, and in high-pressure situations.
- Experience supporting individuals in a professional services, educational publishing, multimedia web products, or IT environment preferred.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-MA-Boston
Work Locations: US-MA-Boston-501 Boylston 501 Boylston St Boston 02116
Job: Office Support
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 9, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1809899
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled