Admissions Advisor - Higher Education
Facilitate prospective student through application process for bachelors, masters, doctoral and certificate programs.The Enrollment Advisor will discover the needs and concerns of prospects, demonstrate how our programs can best meet those needs, and support the prospective students through the admissions process to include registration completion.Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively in a team focused environment to meet the needs of the prospective students and the Academic Partner.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Has built and manages mature, active pipeline of leads.
- Communicate with prospective students via call campaigns, emails, and faxes regarding the Program.
- Advise prospective students using a consultative process.
- Guide them through the admissions process with the goal of determining if the program is a fit for their educational needs.
- Effectively follow departmental lead management guidelines for all leads.
- Utilize database tools to efficiently track each interaction and the progress of all assigned leads.
- Achieve daily efficiency metrics pertaining to Speed to Lead, Call Volume, Talk Time, 1stTime Contacts, and New Applications as established by the Director of Recruitment Services and/or the AD of Recruitment Services.
- Achieves enrollment targets assigned per program.
- Effectively communicate industry trends, quality of leads, and program updates for appropriate cross-functional and departmental team members.
- Actively participate in weekly meeting rhythms being prepared to discuss performance data, prospective applicant concerns, and creative solutions to enhance team performance.
- Conduct a self-audit to ensure efficiency and consistency of data base.
- Monitor application process to ensure effective communication in tandem with application deadlines.
- Implement an email cultivation strategy designed to re-engage leads that have fallen to inactive statuses.
- Maintain minimum standard data base audit scores.
- Review previous term’s conversion metrics to forecast future enrollment metrics
- Update data base system to reflect current/upcoming term information (email templates, enrollment periods, filters, etc.)
- Requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, weekends, evenings to accommodate student, departmental and company’s needs. This may include working more than 40 hours a week.
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution, OR appropriate combination of education and significant experience
- Minimum 3 years sales experience (in Higher Education or Admissions preferred)
- Knowledge of or past experience in higher education and/or college admissions and recruitment preferred
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work one (1) evening
- Ability to work weekends as business needs dictate
- Direct – None, may lead or significantly contribute on defined projects or initiatives of a fixed duration or nature
Primary Location: US-IL-Elk Grove Village
Work Locations: US-IL-Elk Grove Village-150 Northwest 150 Northwest Point Blvd 3rd floor Elk Grove Village 60007
Job: Customer Service
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 8, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1808801
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.