Education TechnicaI Instructor (Adult Services) - Essex Salary: £21,142 - £25,972 Per Annum, Pro Rata - Inclusive of London Fringe Allowance £1,250Hours: Part
Job DescriptionEducation TechnicaI Instructor (Adult Services) - Essex
Salary: £21,142 - £25,972 Per Annum, Pro Rata - Inclusive of London Fringe Allowance £1,250
Hours: Part Time 18 hours per week.
St Andrew's Healthcare is a charity with an excellent and well-deserved reputation as provider of specialist mental healthcare. We transform the lives of people with the greatest mental health needs. Throughout our 178 year history we have helped some of society's most vulnerable people and today we proudly continue to build world-class mental healthcare services. Our commitment to holistic care, safety, recovery and innovative therapies and treatment makes St Andrew's the perfect place to take your career to a new level.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our adult education team working in the Essex site. The education team provides learning opportunities to adult service users in literacy, numeracy, ICT, vocational and employability skills.
We are looking to recruit a motivated and enthusiastic individual to work with adult patients in our Northampton location.
The successful applicant will possess:
- A willingness to work with adults who have special needs and/or mental health problems which can often result in challenging behaviours.
- The ability to work independently and under the supervision of a qualified teacher.
- Assist in the delivery of numeracy, literacy and ICT from Entry Level to Level 2.
- Support in the delivery of vocational and employability skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work collaboratively and independently when required
- Organisational skills and an ability to take the initiative and complete delegated tasks.
- Applicants must possess English and Maths at A* - C grade.
- A PTTLS or HLTA or equivalent would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to further their career via the Government Apprenticeship Scheme and train to become a qualified teacher after 1 year.
Closing Date: July 1st 2018
Inteview Date: Monday 23rd July 2018.