The main goal of the Energy Efficiency & Climate Change (EECC) team is to mainstream the Green Economy Transition (GET) by promoting green investments in climate change mitigation and adaptation, resource efficiency (including water and materials efficiency and waste minimisation), as well as other environmental projects throughout the Bank’s operations.
Reporting to the Head of EU Green Finance and Country Analytics, EECC, the this position contributes to the development and implementation of a systematic approach to knowledge sharing and outreach under the Green Economy Transition (GET), and more broadly within the Bank.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the tasks assigned by more senior members of the team, which may include supporting the implementation of the knowledge sharing and outreach strategy, the development of knowledge products, including publications, and ensuring a standardised approach to knowledge sharing with internal and external stakeholders.
This is a 3 year fixed term contract.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Under the guidance of a more senior EECC team member the Analyst will work in the following areas:
- Knowledge sharing and outreach
- Support the Bank’s overall knowledge sharing and outreach activities as they relate to the GET approach of the Bank
- Support EECC knowledge sharing activities, including:
- Developing tools to support knowledge sharing across the EECC team, the Bank and with external audiences;
- Developing and supporting the development of knowledge and communication products through qualitative and quantitative research as well as through writing documents, including case studies, brochures and technical methodologies;
- Providing input to knowledge product developed by other EECC colleagues to ensure a standardized approach towards EECC knowledge sharing activities;
- Ensuring that existing knowledge and communication products are up-to-date and available at all times;
- Support EECC’s work on a range of international initiatives within the climate finance community through preparing GET related material and organising EECC’s participation and presence;
- Support the organisation of knowledge sharing and outreach events;
- Respond to information requests from internal and external audiences, including:
- Developing and updating presentation material;
- Writing briefings for internal and external audiences.
These responsibilities are designed to allow the Analyst to progressively undertake more complex tasks and build the scope of responsibilities based on acquired experience and expertise. In order to perform the tasks outlined above, excellent communication and analytical skills, a high degree of numeracy and accuracy are indispensable.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in an environmental and/or engineering or finance subject
- At least two years of experience working in the area of climate change/climate finance in an international organisation and/or research institute
- Relevant financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards is desirable.
- Ability to write comprehensive text relating to the GET in operation documents
- Proven experience of writing various documents for different audiences from technical documents to promotional material
- Good understanding of multilateral climate finance is essential.
- Good understanding of environmental aspects of industry, and/or the power and/or financial sectors is essential.
- Knowledge of the local banking industry in countries of operations is desirable
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office with in-depth experience in Excel and Powerpoint packages including financial analysis, modelling, and presentation modules.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English are essential.
- Good command of a language from the Bank’s region of operations is an advantage, in particular French or Russian.