Application Support Analyst
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centres in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year. Pearson VUE offers a great environment to start or grow your career, we are now hiring for an Application Support Analyst to join our team based in Salford Quays.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
The Application Consultant is a technical support analyst that fulfills a vital software support role and is primarily client facing. You must have both technical ability and the capability to relate this to non-technical users.
In this role you will be supporting and advising users on the best use of Pearson VUE’s web-based ExamDeveloper software, as well as other test development tools. A basic proficiency in XML isrequired. Full training will be provided on ExamDeveloper and other relevant tools and processes.
It is also essential that you support and implement the company’s policies and procedures around Quality, Security and Health & Safety.
- Consultancy. Provide expert-level support and advice to clients and internal teams on best use of the ExamDeveloper software and Pearson VUE’s test development tools.
- Migrations. Perform analysis and requirements gathering activities, developing processes and scripts to move existing data into test development tools.
- Training. Prepare and deliver on-site and in-person training to clients on test development tools, and advising on best practices.
- Support. Own, troubleshoot and resolve software issues as well as understand, document and promote requirements for future developments.
- Demonstrations. Deliver software demonstrations to client prospects, assist with requirements gathering, and other pre-sales technical support.
- Scripting. Basic proficiency in XML and one of the following: VBA, XSL, HTML/CSS/JS, to improve efficiencies and provide workarounds to issues.
- All employees have a responsibility to co-operate in promoting and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment, and to take reasonable care of their own health and safety at work and that of all other staff that may be affected by their acts or omissions. Line managers have specific responsibility for the health and safety of their direct reports and other team members for which they have general management responsibility.
- All employees are also responsible for supporting and implementing the company’s policies and procedures around the Health and Safety, Security, Quality and Business Continuity arrangements that apply in their role/work function.
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- A higher education qualification required or relevant experience in a technology related field.
- Have technical experience and an ability to communicate your knowledge to non-technical clients and internal teams (over phone, email and in person).
- Enjoy problem solving, finding creative solutions and taking on challenges that require patience, perseverance and pride.
- Are motivated and capable of working under your own steam, by taking ownership of new tasks and projects without waiting to be asked.
- Believe that any job worth doing is worth doing right; remaining focussed, considerate and committed regardless of the size of the task.
- Enjoy learning, sharing knowledge with others and are open to different ways of working.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Manchester
Work Locations: GB-Manchester-The Lighthouse The Lighthouse 14 The Quays Salford Quays Manchester M50 3BF
Job: Customer Service
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Sep 3, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1811946
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.