This role is a job share. The other team member will be working 3 days a week (Monday, Tuesday and Friday). This riole requires cover for 2 days, Wednesday and Thursday.
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
- Support in the preparation of documentation relating to IDev / ESFA funded learners.
- Assist with and / or conduct learner inductions to the Apprenticeship and Functional Skills programmes, as required.
- Support in the timely administration / processing of Apprenticeship and Functional Skills starts, registrations, reviews, achievements and leaver paperwork, keeping accurate records (electronic or paper based) and using systems including Maytas, Walled Garden, Edexcel and Ace.
- Assist with and/or conduct the formal/contractual Reviews as required, ensuring that they are completed within the appropriate timescales as determined by IDev / ESFA requirements.
- Receive, scan and copy certificates, file the electronic and hard copies into learners electronic and hard files.
- Support with the claiming of Apprenticeship Framework certificates on Ace online and send out Apprenticeship Framework certificates with relevant letter.
- Ensure Maytas MIS system is updated as required.
- Ensure that all allocated administration tasks relating to the coordination of Apprenticeship and Functional Skills programmes are undertaken efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner.
- Attend and contribute to team and other operational meetings, as required and for the dissemination of information and sharing good practice.
- Take minutes for the Team and other meetings as necessary, book meeting rooms as directed.
- Monitor and manage stationery inventory and process stationary orders, as necessary.
- Answer telephone calls and directing calls as necessary
- Collect post and take post to the post room, sort the post and distribute as necessary.
- To be responsible for your own welfare and to adhere to the Company's Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Equality, Prevention of Harassment & Bullying, Public Disclosure "Whistle-Blowing" and Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Ensure that all statutory responsibilities and Company policies are met with regard to Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and other relevant legislation.
- Any other appropriate duties is allocated by your Line Manager.
Management / Communication
- To communicate honestly with your Line Manager
- To be responsible for your own time and attendance at work
- To achieve deadlines/targets that have been set by your Line Manager
- To work within your departmental budget and assist in the control of costs
- To assist your Line Manager to implement change within the department
- To communicate and liaise with all other departments, as required
- To assist your Line Manager to work towards the Business Plan and Long-term/Strategic objectives
Reviews and Planning
- To be available to be appraised by your immediate Line Manager in a timely manner
Training and Evaluation
- To ensure that you receive agreed training that has been identified either at performance appraisal or outside appraisal
- To complete requests for training documentation and discuss this fully with your Line Manager in a timely manner
- In conjunction with your Line Manager evaluate the effectiveness of the training and development activities you have undertaken
- To effectively utilise new skills from your training
- To work within the Company's Quality procedures within relevant departments
- To be aware of Health and Safety at Work Regulations and Environmental issues
- To assist in maintaining the IIP standard, where applicable
- To be aware of actions necessary in cases of accident or file
- To keep your work area clean and safe
- To act in a professional manner and in the Company's best interest at all times
- To undertake/perform other duties associated with this role, by agreement
Knowledge of Apprenticeships (desirable)
Excellent Microsoft Skills (Word, Excel, etc)
Good organizational skills
Confident to conduct Inductions to a group of learners
Primary Location: GB-GB-Minley
Work Locations: GB-Minley-Gibraltar Barracks Gibraltar Barracks Blackwater - Camberley Minley GU17 9LP
Job: Learning Delivery
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Part-time Regular
Req ID: 1814224
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.