The Accounts Receivable Specialist II is responsible for the collection of trade customer balances, dispute management, account reconciliations and managing order holds. In addition, the AR Specialist acts as the primary link on Risk Management related issues between external customers and internal personnel including: embedded Credit/Finance Managers, Sales Managers, Customer Service, other Finance areas and other key stakeholders - interacting with these parties on a regular basis. The AR Specialist is regarded as an expert in providing solutions to obstacles typically encountered in the overall order-to-cash process. This role may provide support to Castrol Lubricants: Auto, Industrial, Marine, Energy or other Downstream business areas.
*Establish ongoing working relationships with customers, Sales and other functionally related teams.
*Ensure Balance Sheet Integrity, adherence to the Group Reporting Manual and high level of customer satisfaction by working with customers and relevant teams in the GBS Process Towers on account reconciliations.
*Perform collections activities primarily through direct contact to customers (phone contact is preferred).
*Assist with bankruptcies, legal filings and other advanced collections activities as required.
*Manage deductions, payment discrepancies and negotiate offsets with the Customer's finance representative.
*Coordinate cash applications and work with outside service providers to reconcile cash application issues.
*Monitor customer accounts and escalate financial concerns (i.e. returned EFT, NSF) or delinquency issues (i.e. failed payment commitments).
*Prepare and/or monitor daily credit limit breach reports and proactively support the resolution of all related issues.
*Manage reputational and financial risk through the Order Hold process:
*Review the Customer's account history, analyze the payment trend, gather internal and external information and make business decisions based on the above.
*Involve other teams in negotiations, as appropriate. ( i.e. Embedded Finance, Sales and Customer Support)
*Prepare timely and accurate MI (i.e. collection forecast, unapplied cash or charge back reports).
*Participate in projects and incident investigation as assigned.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree
* Bilingual role that requires reading a writing Spanish proficiency (assessment will be given)
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in a commercial AR Collections environment or related role
* Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel)
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Self-motivation; proactive in managing own accountabilities and performance assurance
* Ability to deal effectively with difficult customers under stressful and/or challenging work conditions
* Ability to handle self in a professional manner and across all levels of the organization
* Ability to multi-task; handle/set multiple priorities on a daily basis
* Process and quality improvement driven
* Proven capability with data management and control principles
* Excellent communication skills-both verbal and written
* Strong time-management and task prioritization skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Detail-oriented with proven ability for accuracy