Nestlé Purina PetCare
£65k depending on experience+ 17% Car Allowance + additional great benefits
This is a full-time permanent opportunity, but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to use during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you.
We’re looking for an experienced Production Manager to join our team in Wisbech. This is an outstanding rare opportunity to develop your career with one of the biggest companies on the planet.
At Purina PetCare, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier and longer lives because we're pet owners too.
Our Wisbech factory makes some of the UK’s most well known wet petfood and much loved brands, such as Felix, Winalot, Gourmet, and Purina ONE, and is constantly developing to meet the changing needs of our consumers. All this happens in a vibrant and historic market town known as the capital of the Fens. For a town with a rich history it also has a strong vision for the future with continued investment planned to ensure Wisbech remains a great place to live, work and visit.
Manufacturing in Nestlé is all about ensuring the consumer receives a perfect quality product, at the right time and place whilst driving losses from our business in order to maximise efficiency & productivity. The Wisbech factory is growing and has significant investment planned in the next 5 years.
A day in the life of a Area Manager
Reporting into the Factory Manager, as Area Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and performance improvement activities within an area of the factory. You will lead a large diverse team of colleagues including Line Performance Managers, Shift Managers, Line Leaders, Line Performance Engineers and Operators to focus on safely meeting the scheduled production plans whilst maintaining high quality and cost standards.
Other key activities will include:
• Lead, support and coach your team of personnel who are responsible for delivering smooth production around the clock using TPM Methodologies
• Promote and maintain a safe working environment.
• Drive forward our continuous improvement activities.
• Ensure ongoing smooth operation of the factory through active employee engagement, a collaborative leadership style and good industrial relations.
• Ownership for talent management decisions related to hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
• Contribute to the development & journey of the factory master plan and drive continuous improvement through motivating and engaging the workforce and building their capability.
What will make you successful
First, we are looking for someone who has worked within a leadership role within complex manufacturing environment, who is passionate about driving lean manufacturing principles and has experience of changing mind-sets.
Other key attributes we are looking for are:
• Proven experience within a leadership role within an operational role within a complex fast-paced FMCG production environment.
• People Management and development experience including employee relations.
• Experience of TPM and Lean manufacturing is essential.
• Ideally, you will be educated with in a technical discipline. Preferably degree qualified but would also consider those qualified through extensive experience
• An engineering or Food Technology or similar background – is advantage but not essential.
• You will be credible, approachable and a strong character – able to gain the buy in of key stakeholders on site and across the wider business and flex your style as appropriate
• Experience managing change programmes
• Strong belief in the importance of H&S within manufacturing/engineering
• Someone looking to progress their career
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 6th August 2021.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.