Assessment Process Leader
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
General Qualifications Assessment (GQA) comprises approximately 150 staff divided into
a number of teams responsible for on-time, accurate delivery of high stakes UK
qualifications. The department consists of three operational teams each of around 40 - 50
members, and the e-Assessment and Online Delivery team.
External factors and new technology are continually changing the nature of the work and
the post holder will need to be able to respond to these changes while delivering
operational activities to deadline.
The post-holder is expected to demonstrate a flexible approach to the role. As such, the
contents of this Job Description may change from time to time.
The Assessment Process Manager will be responsible for delivering a group of assessment processes across the who department.
- Lead on scheduling of cross team and departmental activities ensuring the schedules are fit for purpose for all stakeholders
- Ensure that quality and efficiency are built into to key processes
- Proactively manage risks and issues that may impact the delivery of area of responsibility
- Tracking and reporting of activities within the department and to the wider business, including creation and analysis of MI (management information)
- Act as the process owner for the area of responsibility ensuring processes are documented and regularly reviewed
- Ensuring that processes for all qualifications are common, where appropriate, documenting any subject specific variations
- Takes ownership of identifying and implementing process improvements and changes
- Leading the response to any internal/external audits or any identified lessons learned for the area of responsibility
Customer focused support
- Point of contact for internal stakeholders for area of responsibility
- Customer communications related to area of responsibility
- Ensuring that processes are improved to ensure a better customer experience (including IT development)
Training and support
- Arrange training and support for Assessment, Assessment Associates and other stakeholders on key activities within the area of responsibility
- Drafting/reviewing and approving guidance documentation for internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring the effective, efficient and consistent management of all activities within the area of responsibility
- Working to tight, often immovable deadlines
- Managing activities for multiple examination series simulateously
- Building and managing effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders of all levels
- Interrogating processes to ensure they deliver high quality, on time outcomes
- Successfully navigate change by adapting to challenges created by the introduction of new qualfications, services or processes
- Adopting a constructive and positive approach to influencing others
- Embed innovation by looking to the future and removing silos by working collaboratively and creatively
Pearson Core Competencies:
- Providing a customer focused service
- Communicating with influence
- Working with others to achieve goals
- Delivering goals in a changing environment
- Taking a creative and innovative approach to work
- Maximising potential in self and others.
- Able to work effectively when under pressure adhering to deadlines in order to meet the needs of the business
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate and persuade
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Good numeracy and statistical skills are required
- Good understanding of assessment processes and dependencies
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Experience of managing assessment processes or similar
- Intermediate level of ability of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint or Google Suite equivalents
- Experience of using project management and process mapping software such as Project/Smartsheets and Visio/Lucid charts.
Personal Style and Behaviour
The role will suit a proactive individual with excellent attention to detail and a proven problem solver. The post holder will need to be computer literate and able to work to tight deadlines with the ability to work under pressure. The ability to communicate at all levels are essential.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-190 High Holborn 190 High Holborn London WC1V 7BH
Job: Product Management
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 5, 2018
Job Unposting: Feb 19, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1801824