Associate Director, Admissions Enrollment - ASU
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Provide leadership for the student recruitment (sales) function of the business. This involves driving team performance to maximize qualified new student enrollments through coaching of Recruitment Manager, consistent performance evaluation, working with the cross functional teams, and supporting the Academic Partner. Responsibilities generally include managing the overall production of a team of three to five Recruitment Managers and their prospective teams.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Participate in the daily and strategic management of the assigned Cross Functional Team (CFT) including: communications with the AP; working with MD and Associate Director of Marketing (ADM); formulation and delivery of Steering Committee reports.
- Work in conjunction with the Recruitment Managers to optimize work flow through efficient utilization of Recruitment Services staff.
- Analyze reports related to the day-to-day operations and overall productivity of the team to forecast and drive strategic performance of unit
- Serve as subject matter expert relating to the recruitment function including the tools and technology used for our daily jobs.
- Stay abreast of new trends in the marketplace that impact the business and specific program teams.
- Work with recruitment managers (or directly in the absence of a recruitment manager), to have oversight of the unit’s utilization of the phone system to ensure performance is monitored and timely feedback/coaching is provided on the quality and accuracy of verbal communications.
- Work with recruitment managers (or directly in the absence of a recruitment manager), to provide direction to audit database records and to provide direction on timely feedback/coaching on adherence to lead management guidelines, quality and accuracy of email communications.
- Work through recruitment managers (or directly in the absence of a recruitment manager), to facilitate relevant changes to the business or Academic Partner relationship, ensure individual coaching and developmental needs are consistent across their functional teams, determine prioritization of workload, and personnel issues.
- Maintain progressive discipline system to enforce performance standards, and company and departmental policies.
- Assist program teams in forecasting their current term enrollments.
- Participate in cross functional meeting rhythms to understand issues and help develop solutions to maximize team performance.
- Analyze performance weaknesses at the program/AA level. Develop and implement processes to attack the weakness. Communicate the results of the analysis and plan to the Cross Functional teams.
- Make staffing recommendations that optimize productivity to Recruitment Services Director and Managing Director.
- Oversee interviews and review staffing decisions for the team. Ensure hiring decisions are consistent and salary offerings are fair and equitable.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for each team Recruitment Manager.
- Lead unit and motivate staff to exceed new student goals while maintaining service standards.
- Minimize annual attrition.
- Participate in the budgeting process for each fiscal year. This includes forecasting staffing needs, turnover, operating and other expenses for the recruitment team within your area of responsibility.
- Deliver content elements of training programs for new hire and developmental training as needed.
- Protects confidentiality of conversations, particularly with management and HR.
- Meets with the Academic Partner to determine program needs and requested changes, relationship building, enrollment forecast and other meetings as needed.
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution, OR appropriate combination of educational and significant experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading an inside sales team performing in a high-relationship consultative sales process.
- Minimum 2 years inside sales experience in an outbound calling role.
- General knowledge of the higher education industry.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Sales skills in a team environment.
- Sales management and human relations skills.
- Able to drive performance through the creation of a productive and fun work environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of departmental budgeting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly motivational, energetic personality.
- Collaborative; builds relationships with others.
- Ability to work evenings until 9:00 PM (if needed)
- Ability to work weekends as business needs dictate
●Manages Recruitment Services Managers and staff in Cross Functional Team environment.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Chandler
Work Locations: US-AZ-Chandler-3075 West Ray 3075 W Ray Rd Park at San Tan Chandler 85226
Job: Customer Service
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 16, 2017
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1717987