Associate Portfolio Management Analyst
Pearson’s Information Technology team designs, builds, and delivers global, foundational technology platforms that support Pearson’s vision of connecting with every learner, on any device, anywhere in the world, and to improve their lives through education.
Pearson’s Information Technology teams drive technology strategy. To support the above and to ensure successful delivery for technology in Pearson we need a robust demand and prioritisation process facilitated and lead to ensure alignment of work requests to strategy.
The role will ensure that the work is prioritised and supported through delivery, ensuring Technology is set-up for success in terms of meeting goals and delivery value.
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF JOB
The Portfolio Analyst will work within Pearson’s Information Technology Portfolio & Program Management team, reporting to the Portfolio Manager.
The primary responsibility will be to provide governance over projects to ensure they are following the correct processes and meeting goals for timing and data quality. This will require working closely with business partners and program managers to effectively communicate processes; monitor and maintain accurate and timely information in planning systems (Jira and Planview); and participate in continuous improvement exercises.
The Portfolio Analyst responsibilities will include the following tasks:
- Work closely with Business Partners to ensure that all technology requests follow the demand management process
- Work closely with Program Managers to lead the demand process for assigned geography, including subsidiary processes like prioritisation, ARB, IRB, continuous improvements, KPIs, SLAs, financial and status reporting
- Maintain information on assigned projects in line with standards to meet SLAs and provide transparency for all stakeholders
- Facilitate meetings and communicate action items
- As a member of the Portfolio Team, maintain good quality materials and consistency on processes, advocating for unified IT Ways of Working
- Ensure projects close out successfully
- Work supportively and collaboratively within Portfolio team and across other teams
- Build relationships and trust with key stakeholders to support program delivery and adoption of enterprise architecture
- Communicate in line with program communications and plans with team and wider stakeholders
- Matrixed reporting of all technical stakeholders responsible for a solution
- Support the relevant project technical teams to deliver effectively
- Understanding and supporting simplified processes around governance, reporting, and demand management across the whole of technology
- Ensuring understanding and adoption of the processes, tools and templates in a global environment
- Working in a matrixed and virtual environment
- Working with a number of stakeholders: externally, internally and internationally
- Working on multiple projects and tasks at one time
- Working as part of a global team and thinking globally
- Working with a global customer base and engaging effectively and collaboratively with people from different cultures
- Some out of hours working will be required to support the global organization
- Building internal confidence in a situation of consistent change
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 0-2 years experience in working within a global PMO or Portfolio function or with delivering global programs throughout the software development lifecycle
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Strong skills in meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (e.g. partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc.).
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills to remove obstacles and proactively solve problems
- Proven capability to understand and meet requirements from both internal and external customers
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google productivity applications (e.g., Excel, Word, Docs, Sheets, Hangouts, etc.)
- Proven ability to work independently, remotely, and under pressure to successfully meet deadlines
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Graduate degree
- Experience with Portfolio and delivery tools such as Planview, Jira
- Experience in the Education industry and specifically with education technology sector or background in Information Technology
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-MD-Columbia
Other Locations US-NC-Raleigh, US-NC-Morrisville
Work Locations: US-MD-Columbia-Grantchester Merriweather 10960 Grantchester Way Two Merriweather Columbia 21044
Job: Product Management
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Mar 7, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1803223