DWP. Digital with Purpose.
If so, this role could be for you!
We are looking for an associate product manager who is keen to learn and grow their product management skills with us at DWP.
We would welcome applications from people who are motivated by doing the right thing for the end user and are enthused by using evidence to make the right decision. You must be keen to invest in your own development and be able to lead with confidence.
We would expect you to have awareness of the skills needed to be a Product Manager and display some of them. We need you to be prepared to invest in your own development to mature your skills and knowledge in product management and be able to join and contribute to community and practice events.
We're driving a once-in-a-generation transformation of government services used by millions of people, and powering payment worth £195bn a year. We're using fresh ideas and leading-edge technologies to create innovative and user-centric products and services.
The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
Delivering World-Class Products.
We deliver products, services, support and payments to people at key times in their lives. Universal Credit is one of the highest profile digital transformation programmes in the world, praised for its fast and flexible response to the Covid-19 pandemic and now in use by over 5 million claimants and 30000 staff.
We are passionate about making sure our operational colleagues can focus on supporting people both in and out of work, as well as making sure that people can manage their finances and are paid the right amount on time.
Few other organisations globally can offer the same opportunity to work with cutting edge technology at this scale and to make such a critical difference to millions of people's lives.
You'll be developing products to help millions of people understand and receive the support that they are entitled to on time.
You'll be involved in the whole product lifecycle, working with lead and senior product managers.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team with a wide variety of expertise and a strong peer network, you'll be further developing your expert skills in and knowledge of product management techniques.
You'll also be involved in transforming the user journey and streamlining processes, shaping a more effective, efficient and tailored experience for our customers and colleagues. It's an amazing opportunity to leave a Product legacy across the whole of the public sector.
As an Associate Product Manager you will:
* Manage subsets of features of a product.
* Use your growing knowledge of user needs and goals to frame problems, make evidenced based decisions and set priorities.
* Learn product management techniques and thought processes whilst being fully supported by a more senior Product Manager.
* Form the vision for the product and engage with teams and stakeholders in the development and iteration of that vision over time.
* Define the minimum viable product and work with the team to agree candidates for release, define the roadmap and communicate progress to stakeholders and users.
* Ensure Lifecycle Management by iterating and maintaining a product over time to continuously meet user needs and drive value.
* Manage a product backlog by creating and continuously refining the list of prioritised backlog items.
* Align your product to the strategy of DWP.
* Be the user and act as the voice of the user when making evidenced decisions.
* Be able to work in a fast paced, evolving environment and utilise an iterative method and flexible approach to enable rapid delivery.
* Make evidenced based decisions using data and analytics gleaned from the product.
* Be able to challenge where needed with supporting evidence.
* Prioritise and manage the component/feature backlog through a range of techniques to maximise value and return on investment.
* Identify and communicate user needs through the creation of backlog items (user stories) representing users and other stakeholders at team meetings such as planning and review sessions.
* Champion the component/feature within the feature team and wider business, engaging with stakeholders throughout.
* Support the Product Manager in setting and defining product goals as well as managing stakeholders and communicating product strategy.
* Provide information and advice and recommend a course of action based on research and analysis of reliable data.
* Continue to learn and support in developing training for new features and releases.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs, in your choice of Blackpool, Manchester or Sheffield.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly. We work a hybrid model, with around 60% home working.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to £40,666.
You'll be eligible for a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%.
You'll also generous leave package starting at 26 days, plus all the usual bank holidays, and the option to take extra days off on flexi leave.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.