Associate Project Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Associate Project Manager manages smaller scale projects. He or she works to provide feedback to functional areas
in evaluating new/existing project needs and facilitating a strategy to manage the appropriate portion of the projects
based on internal capabilities and staffing allocations. This individual should be familiar with the full scope of our
partnerships, the services we provide and therefore can manage project objectives, in order to effectively coordinate the
- Provides World Class Marketing Client Service Management by creating synergies with our internal teams & Academic Partners which empower us to exceed our objectives.
- Provides project related insights which help enable internal & external teams deliver results that exceed objectives
- Creates buy in from multiple constituents in a collaborative cross-functional environment
- Collaborate with account managers/managing directors and cross-functional teams on strategy for executingprojects focused on delivery of products or services.
- Develop and maintain work plans appropriate for the scope and complexity of each project
- Consult with the cross functional team in the execution of the project. Provide positive management toward the successful delivery with a focus on cost, schedule, scope, quality and communication.
- Communicate status and cost implications for assigned projects through participation in status and working group meetings, along with written status reports and other communications as needed for a variety of audiences.
- Analyze project risks and develop mitigation plan with project team
- Ensure coordination of efforts of all cross functional team members in consultation with account managers/managing directors. Establish and maintain a highly cooperative environment and foster collaboration
across all areas.
- Guide the documentation of business requirements for projects as needed
- Guide the preparation of QA planning materials, direct and conduct QA activities as needed
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution in marketing, business administration or related field, OR appropriate combination of education and significant experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the following areas: research and development, marketing, student support,project management, curriculum, process improvement, consulting, and online education within an OPM model.
- Progressively responsible project management experience, including experience documenting business requirements and participation in QA activities.
- Knowledge of project management concepts, tools and activities, including Smartsheet, MS Office (Visio, Word, Excel,PowerPoint), requirements analysis and facilitation.
- Proven ability to manage projects under significant constraints. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills; demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Professional oral and written communication skills for effective relationship development/management and presentations with stakeholders
- Excellent customer service orientation with specific experience in working with and managing relationships with Partners.
- Experience providing consultation on, and implementing account management processes, and strategies which exceed client and business objectives Pearson Online Learning Services 2
- High degree of personal ownership and accountability to consistently deliver results in a fast paced and high-profile
- Ability to perform non-local travel up to 25%.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando
Other Locations US-IL-Elk Grove Village
Work Locations: US-FL-Orlando-2101 Park Center 2101 Park Center Drive Suite 250 Orlando 32835
Job: Project/Programme Management
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 7, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1718779