Associate Recruitment Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’salways learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. Frombringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, weare always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child inour own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are boldthinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore newfrontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better.By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass theseboundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for theworld’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Thisis a leadership support position that works with the Associate Director,Recruitment Services to provide onsite leadership for the student recruitmentfunction of the business. This involves advising and coaching individuals and teams on the opportunities toimprove performance. Responsibilities generally include having individual andteam meeting sessions with the enrollment advisors to discuss their database,student pipeline, cultivation strategies and phone discussions.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, thefollowing. Other duties and
responsibilities may be assigned.
- Under thedirection of the Associate Director of Recruitment Services, organizes teamefforts to exceed new student goals while maintaining service standards.
- Analyze reportsrelated to the day-to-day operations and overall productivity of the team toimprove accuracy in forecasts and to drive performance.
- Serve as subjectmatter expert relating to the recruitment function including the tools andtechnology used for our daily jobs.
- Audit databaserecords to find opportunities to improve on adherence to lead managementguidelines, quality and timeliness of email communications.
- Monitors performance and identifies areas forteam growth and development.
- Under thedirection of the Associate Director of Recruitment Services, provide coachingand support to Enrollment Advisors and Enrollment Coordinators in the area oflead management, quality communication with students, forecasting andperformance.
- Using general,phone and interview observations, actively coaches direct reports to improveskill sets and customer service levels.
- Thoroughlydocuments coaching and training.
- Facilitateone-on-one meetings with each team member to discuss topics relevant to theirperformance, individual coaching and developmental needs, prioritization ofworkload, and personnel issues.
- Review enrollmentfiles for accuracy and compliance.
- Conduct weeklyapplicant pipeline review meetings to ensure future students have metenrollments requirements and are prepared to start school.
- Assist programteams in forecasting their current term enrollments.
- Participate incross functional meetings to understand issues and help develop solutions tomaximize team performance.
- Make staffingrecommendations that optimize productivity to Associate Director and Directorof Recruitment Services and Managing Director.
- Actively participates in interviewing,onboarding, training, and management of enrollment advisors.
- Minimize annualattrition.
- Supports theAssociate Director in the budgeting process for each fiscal year. This includesforecasting staffing needs, turnover, operating and other expenses for therecruitment team within your area of responsibility.
- Resolves most simple to moderately-complexenrollment questions and problems.
- Ensures that the Enrollment team follows proper documentation protocols anddepartmental outreach strategies
- Serves as escalation point in the absence ofthe Associate Director, Recruitment Services.
- Ensures alignment between Pearson enrollment team and Partner expectations are met
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution ORappropriate combination of education and significant experience
- Minimum 3 years Higher Education experiencepreferred
- Minimum 5 years consultative sales management andleadership experience preferred.
- Strong leadership and organizational capabilitieswith time management, conflict and problem resolutions skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in recruitment trainingand development.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and tobe a self-starter.
- Highly motivational, energetic and collaborativepersonality.
- Able to drive performance through the creation of aproductive and fun work environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communicationskills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel,PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work evenings until 9:00 PM (if needed)or weekends as business needs dictate.
- No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Coordinates the work of others: is accountable forthe outputs of the team and is focused on overall team/unit goals and results.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced employees oremployees who are underperforming to develop and increase knowledge,proficiency and performance levels.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-IL-Elk Grove Village
Work Locations: US-IL-Elk Grove Village-150 Northwest 150 Northwest Point Blvd 3rd floor Elk Grove Village 60007
Job: Customer Service
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 6, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1801601