The Successful candidate must therefore be able to demonstrate evidence of their success in the following essential areas:
- The post holder will need strong leadership experience and will hold the following accountabilities
- A proven track record of delivering a dynamic high-quality service in a large and complex organisation and improving efficiency
- Strong corporate and team leadership experience, including building and leading diverse, inclusive and high performing multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in managing the development of policy to deliver transformational change
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills; able to build and maintain strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Significant experience of leading successful change programme delivery, product development and service transformation in a high profile, pressurised environment, whilst maintaining quality outcomes.
- Deliver vetting service operations to HMG, continually measuring the organisation's performance against the best-in-class peer group, and set a vision and plan to exceed those benchmarks.
- Review, approve and sponsor implementation of strategic initiatives and enterprise wide change programmes that impact cross-functional key service operations, securing the support of senior management across HMG, driving and inspiring reform within the vetting organisation.
- Spearhead development and growth of the Audit framework to embed best practice and build confidence in the quality of work undertaken to provide assurance of the product portfolio.
- Approve strategic monitoring criteria and review high-impact enterprise performance trends of the service operation, evaluating progress against key performance drivers, and assessing organisational opportunities and risks.
- Provide leadership in all aspects of data compliance, ensuring high standards of governance and compliance, advise CEO/ExCO board and clients on all data and data governance issues.
- Lead responsibility and oversight for data governance expertise in relation to Freedom of Information requests, Ministerial Correspondence and Parliamentary Questions.
- Ensure the development of new policy to drive forward transformation of the Vetting Enterprise and aligning to the new ways of digital working by building and harnessing behavioural insight capabilities. Exploit and apply these to the vetting process to improve and modernise the experience for all of UKSV’s customers.
- Rationalise personnel security risk management framework, achieving unification across HMG.
- Implement a 3 line of defence model for vetting across HMG.
- Play an active role within the Government Security Leadership Team, and model leadership behaviours as a senior leader across UKSV and the wider Government Security Function.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Seeing the Big Picture
Changing and Improving