What is in it for you:
* Ownership of your own work with the ability to assess and make decisions on a range of applications
* Act as a role model while developing your own personal skills and those of your colleagues
* Act as a representative of the directorate with internal and external stakeholders
As an Authorisation Officer (Level 3) you will take responsibility for a varied case holding, making decisions in a timely manner. You will also act as a coach and mentor for colleagues.
You will play your part in identifying areas for improvement and help to successfully implement these changes.
Working closely with your colleagues in other parts of the business you will make sure that we are consistent in our decision making.
You will need to be flexible in your approach and quickly adapt to change as the Directorate starts its work to move our applications online.
The Authorisation function is one of the SRA's largest operational delivery directorates. It mitigates risks to the regulatory objectives by:
* minimising the extent to which unsuitable firms or individuals are able to enter the regulated community, which protects consumers and helps to promote confidence in the legal services market
* collecting information and intelligence about the regulated community, which is the starting point for effective regulation
* Assessing the risks posed by firms entering the legal services market and working with those firms to minimise those risks
* providing a vehicle for the collection of the fees which fund regulatory activity.
What we are looking for:
* A decisive individual with time management skills who can deliver against targets
* A strong communicator with the ability to review/analyse/present complex information to a variety of audiences using the appropriate method
* Experience of influencing and constructively challenging internal and external stakeholders
* Experience of motivating and coaching individuals to achieve results
* Someone with attention to detail to complete quality audits
This is a 9 month fixed term contract. Recent applicants who have applied for this role in the last 6 months need not apply.