About The Role
Reporting to the Senior New Business Manager, the Bid Manager will be responsible for supporting the Business Services and People Platforms to win profitable work through the pitch and proposal process.
You will take ownership of, and project manage, pitch and proposal responses ensuring that they are delivered on time and accurately, in compliance with client and regulatory requirements.
This is a collaborative role which requires the role holder to build strong, proactive relationships with internal clients across all offices. Positive working relationships with the wider Marketing team will be integral to the success of this role.
You will be responsible for leading bids and pitches on a national basis, across primarily our Business Services and People Platforms, as well as providing additional support to the wider business as required.
Responsibilities will include:
• Winning new business opportunities through the pitch and proposal process by ensuring that every response is the best that it can be in the timeframes provided.
• Developing and sharing bid best practice across the platforms, identifying opportunities to improve and innovate content, messaging, and processes.
• Scoping bids effectively, including the stop/ go process, to ensure that the Platforms responds to the right opportunities at the right rates for the right clients.
• Working collaboratively with colleagues across the New Business team to build your wider knowledge, identifying opportunities for cross-selling.
• Building a knowledge bank for the Business Services and People Platforms, gathering best practice responses to commonly faced questions and useful case studies.
• Project managing all Business Services and People bids to ensure that fee earner time is utilised effectively and efficiently.
• Drafting, editing, and proofreading compelling content.
• Liaising with other support departments (IT, HR, Accounts, Facilities and Compliance) to ensure all information submitted is accurate.
• Providing the client voice in all pitch processes to ensure that our responses are delivering the needs of the client.
• Working closely with FEs to develop winning strategies and propositions.
• Work with our other Bids Managers to help to continuously improve our approach.
• Ensuring all sales collateral is created within the Gateley brand guidelines.
• Coaching partners and fee earners to help them prepare for presentations.
• Analysing pitch wins/ losses, collating feedback, and ensuring the tender tracker spreadsheet is kept up to date with tender information and results.
• Ensuring all tender documentation, emails and relevant information is saved in line with our folder structure.
• Following up wins and losses through a proactive debrief process.
This job description is not an exhaustive list due to the requirements of the role. Therefore, the job holder may be required from time to time to carry out other ad hoc tasks as requested.
With 60 people within our Marketing and Front of House teams, we support on all aspects of marketing and business development across Gateley including internal and external communications, bids and sales, client development, events, digital and marketing projects. Winners of the 2020 Excellence in Sales and Marketing Award at the Greater Birmingham Chamber of Commerce Awards and shortlisted in the 2022 Best Marketing Campaign Award at the Managing Partners Forum Awards, the Marketing team at Gateley has more than doubled in size in five years, reflecting the investment that the business has made in attracting and retaining exceptional marketing talent.We continue to develop and evolve our proposition and are looking for individuals with a 'can do' mentality to join the team.
The successful candidate will have:
• A minimum of 3 years' experience in a tender management role in a B2B environment.
• In-depth business development experience, ideally in a law firm or professional services business.
• Experience of working on formal tenders.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to influence.
• Ability to maintain and develop client relationships at a senior level.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Attention to detail.
• Knowledge of CRM systems and online research tools.
• Excellent IT and numeracy skills
With support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around our great development and progression opportunities will reward your commitment and loyalty. We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual performance with an opportunity to receive an annual bonus.
In addition, we have a wide range of learning and development opportunities via our Learn platform to develop new skills and progress your career. Our My Flex comprehensive rewards package includes options covering annual leave (and the benefit of purchasing extra days), cycle to work, critical illness benefit, employee assistance programme, group personal pension, health care, season ticket loan and many more benefits (grade dependent). Finally, with Perks At Work/Home you can select a host of retail benefits that suit your needs alongside a Community Online Academy, free courses for all from fitness to coding to languages to hip hop dance.
We are Gateley
We are forward thinking and straight talking, our approach is to find solutions to the problems that our clients face. Gateley is a legal and professional services group, we are a group of formidable experts in all areas of law and business. Passionate problem solvers, we get our kicks from finding the right answers and getting our legal and business clients where they need to be. We support more than 5,700 active clients, ranging from FTSE 100 companies to private individuals, in the UK and beyond. Being part of Gateley is not just about the expertise that you bring; it's about attitude too.
The 'Gateley Story' is the story of our people and our culture. It is what has got us to where we are today as a successful business and it's the driving force behind the Gateley Team Spirit and the values that have shaped it. We have a set of shared internal values that capture what the Gateley Team Spirit is and this includes five elements that bind us all together as one Gateley: Ambitious for Success, Forward Thinking, Room to Breathe, Trusted to Do and Working Together. Every year across the group, we recognise members of our team that have gone and above and beyond and have lived these shared values. They are recognised at our annual Gateley Team Spirit awards.
Diversity, inclusion and well being
Diversity, inclusion and well-being is an important part of Gateley's culture and values. We recruit talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures, providing equal opportunities for all to join our team regardless of age, sex, race, sexual orientation, disability, or culture.
We create an exciting and rewarding place to work that aims to fulfil everyone's potential and together to achieve personal and business goals. We offer flexible working patterns to help our staff achieve a good work/ life balance and we encourage candidates seeking flexibility in their next role to apply for any of our vacancies.
We are proud to have been recognised by The Law Society as gold standard for our Diversity and Inclusion Charter and to be Stonewall Diversity Champions.
If you are successful in receiving an offer of a role with our company a variety of pre-employment screening checks will be completed. Our screening checks can include but are not limited to your eligibility to work, professional and academic qualifications, any criminal records, your financial stability, and references from previous employers. The screening that takes place will be relevant to your role and will vary from role to role.