The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for the collection of trade customer balances, dispute management and account reconciliations. In addition, the AR Specialist acts as the primary link on Risk Management related issues between external customers and internal personnel including: embedded Credit/Finance Managers, Sales Managers, Customer Service, other Finance areas and other key stakeholders - interacting with these parties on a regular basis. The AR Specialist is regarded as an expert in providing solutions to obstacles typically encountered in the overall order-to-cash process. This role provides support to: The Fuels Value Chain and other R&M business areas.
· Establish ongoing working relationships with customers, Sales and other functionally related teams.
· Ensure Balance Sheet Integrity, adherence to the Group Reporting Manual and high level of customer satisfaction by working with customers and relevant teams in the GBS Process Towers on account reconciliations.
· Perform collection activities on due and past due invoices (including assistance with bankruptcies, legal filings and other advanced collections activities as required) and manage deductions for all assigned accounts.
· Coordinate cash applications and work with outside service providers to reconcile cash application issues.
· Monitor customer accounts and escalate financial concerns (i.e. returned EFT, NSF) or delinquency issues (i.e. failed payment commitments).
· Interact with all Teams within the GBS towers to insure all billing issues are resolved in a timely manner.
· Prepare timely and accurate MI (i.e. weekly/month end Accounts Receivable reports).
· Demonstrate a performance culture by contributing to the Balanced Scorecard metrics and provide input to business insights on delivery achievements and gaps.
· Participate in projects and incident investigations as assigned.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree
· Minimum of 3 years' experience in a commercial Business to Business AR Collections environment or related role
· Bilingual written and oral communication (Spanish) is required
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel)
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Self-motivation; proactive in managing own accountabilities and performance assurance
· Ability to deal effectively with difficult customers under stressful and/or challenging work conditions
· Ability to handle self in a professional manner and across all levels of the organization
· Ability to multi-task; handle/set multiple priorities on a daily basis
* Process and quality improvement driven
* Proven capability with data management and control principles
* Excellent communication skills-both verbal and written
* Strong time-management and task prioritization skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Detail-oriented with proven ability for accuracy