Brand Manager, Marketing Communications ( Director, Brand Management)
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Manager Marketing Communications of Brand (MMCB) is responsible for all aspects ofbrand strategy, creative concepts, and their corresponding campaignsfor a specific university or group of universities to include staff supervision and work production. The MMCB must be able to effectively interact / convey the brand strategy and corresponding components thereof to the satisfaction of internal and external teams. The MMCB directs the activities of subordinates and external agencies to maintain high standards of creative excellence, timeliness, and performance.The MMCB is responsible for managing all aspects of creative and particularly how it relates the brand strategy. This position will work directly with internal teams including Account Management and the client/university Marketing Department to build campaign schedules, execute on campaign strategy and measure results. Internally, this position guidesand oversees the responsibilities of multiple agencies, designers and work with copy and development to maintain communication and client satisfaction.
- Conceptualizes and creates strategic documents that leverage academic partner brands and enables creative execution of successful campaigns.
- Helps to provide oversight on the planning, implementation, development and/or servicing of new marketing ideas for academic partners and internal teams.
- Develops creative and brand strategies and manages communications projects for various components of the marketing life cycle or services.
- Helps to develop, execute and/or expedite marketing objectives.
- Prepares & presents strategies, materials, findings to the academic partner/client.
- Provides academic partner insights and strategies which help enable internal, agency and external teams deliver results that exceed objectives.
- Creates buy-in from multiple constituents in a collaborative cross-functional environment both internally and externally with agencies and the academic partner/client.
- Hires, coaches and develops high-performing teams, including external agencies and vendors.
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution in Creative Marketing, Business Administration or related field, OR appropriate combination of education and significant experience.
- Minimum of 7 years’ of experience directing a team(s), internal and external agencies; writers, artists, producers, account managers and traffic personnel; overseeing the execution of all branding, concepts, creative, messaging, and efforts to ensure they are on strategy, on budget, and on schedule.
- Minimum 5 years’ of experience in creative and brand strategy, content marketing, digital marketing and/or brand management.
- Proven experience with the ideation, creation, and execution of large scale innovative creative campaigns and visual strategies which exceed business and partner objectives.
- Understanding and hands-on experience with a variety of mediums digital, print, broadcast, outdoor, video and radio production.
- Extensive knowledge of brand architecture, conceptual creative ideation and the overarching creative development process.
- Capability to visualize and communicate execution of strategic marketing campaigns from concept to creation.
- Experience working within and maintaining client identity standards across channels.
- Proficiency in client relationship management as it pertains to brand, creative, and content strategies, including developing, presenting, and executing brand, creative, and content marketing plans for the academic partner/client.
- Experience overseeing creative consultations with agencies and account teams to assure appropriate creative strategies, adequacy/accuracy of input, schedules, budgets, production support, necessary reviews, and client presentations.
- Clear understanding of how to provide direction to leadership and how to convey vision and values of the brand/agency to internal and external teams.
Direct management of a team and/or external agencies.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando
Work Locations: US-FL-Orlando-2101 Park Center 2101 Park Center Drive Suite 250 Orlando 32835
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Dec 4, 2017
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1718906