- Teaching and delivering BTEC Public Services to groups of Junior Soldiers. Including assessments and internal quality assurance processes.
- Support and delivery of English, Maths and ICT Functional Skills to groups of Junior Soldiers and Permanent Staff.
- Conduct initial assessment, diagnostic assessments, individual learning planning and reviews.
- Book and plan for BTEC and Functional Skills assessment and testing and act as an invigilator, a reader or scribe as required.
- Communicate learner progress with the Vocational Education Team Leader as requested.
- Support the development and delivery of additional courses such as Driver Theory Training.
- Ensure all diagnostics/marking/certificates are completed/produced/recorded in a timely fashion and deadlines are met.
- With your team leader, assist in the identification, diagnosis and support of learners with additional learning support needs.
- Ensure relevant and appropriate support for learners with specific learning difficulties as required.
- Supporting and motivating learners in their studies.
- Undertake other specified duties including course/resource development, tutorial support and associated administrative tasks.
- Have available an up-to-date syllabus and schemes of work (showing methods of delivery) for each course/class taught.
- Prepare suitable teaching and learning materials for a range of courses/classes and make use of a range of appropriate delivery methodologies.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained as required for all student assessed work, report progress and registers or otherwise at appropriate.
- Follow all agreed Quality Assurance Systems and Risk Management systems and comply with all policies and procedures (e.g. Health & Safety and Diversity and Inclusion) and ensure that these policies are followed.
- Undertake appropriate staff development activities that support personal development, including inducting/supporting new or temporary staff and ensuring your own teaching practice conforms with standards
- Ensure that teaching materials, equipment and facilities are prepared for instruction and use through effective communications with the colleagues and supplier partners
- Actively promote and work with both TQ staff and the Authority to ensure a good working relationships and a “one team” approach
- Attend all appropriate staff meetings and training sessions under the direction of your line manager.
- Participate in performance review sessions as required and identify individual training needs.Support the actions outlined in the College Quality Improvement Action Plan
- Relevant teaching and/or training qualification (i.e. Cert Ed, PGCE, CTLLS, DTLLS)
- Level 3 qualification in BTEC Public Services, English, Maths, ICT and/or other relevant subject.
- Experience of delivering BTEC Public Services to Levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Ability to embrace and develop practical and innovative delivery models.
- Ability to adopt specific contextualised delivery models.
- Good general ICT skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Flexible, adaptable and enthusiastic team-worker.
- Ability to adapt lessons to support the needs of the individual and the group.
- Possession of excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possession of excellent listening skills.
- Possession of excellent interpersonal skills and supportive attitude to colleagues.
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for the values of inclusive, personalised education and training.
- A flexible approach to work, including the support of evening and weekend working if required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work under pressure.
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, quality assurance and customer care.
- Have attended or be willing to do so the Authority’s ASLS Course (course is currently held at Pirbright).
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harrogate
Work Locations: GB-Harrogate-Army Foundation College Army Foundation College Penny Pot Lane Harrogate HG3 2SE
Job: Learning Delivery
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Aug 6, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1811077
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled