- Teaching and delivering BTEC Public Services to groups of Junior Soldiers. Including assessments and internal quality assurance processes.
- Support and delivery of English, Maths and ICT Functional Skills to groups of Junior Soldiers and Permanent Staff.
- Conduct initial assessment, diagnostic assessments, individual learning planning and reviews.
- Book and plan for BTEC and Functional Skills assessment and testing and act as an invigilator, a reader or scribe as required.
- Communicate learner progress with the Vocational Education Team Leader as requested.
- Support the development and delivery of additional courses such as Driver Theory Training.
- Ensure all diagnostics/marking/certificates are completed/produced/recorded in a timely fashion and deadlines are met.
- With your team leader, assist in the identification, diagnosis and support of learners with additional learning support needs.
- Ensure relevant and appropriate support for learners with specific learning difficulties as required.
- Supporting and motivating learners in their studies.
- Undertake other specified duties including course/resource development, tutorial support and associated administrative tasks.
- Have available an up-to-date syllabus and schemes of work (showing methods of delivery) for each course/class taught.
- Prepare suitable teaching and learning materials for a range of courses/classes and make use of a range of appropriate delivery methodologies.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained as required for all student assessed work, report progress and registers or otherwise at appropriate.
- Follow all agreed Quality Assurance Systems and Risk Management systems and comply with all policies and procedures (e.g. Health & Safety and Diversity and Inclusion) and ensure that these policies are followed.
- Undertake appropriate staff development activities that support personal development, including inducting/supporting new or temporary staff and ensuring your own teaching practice conforms with standards
- Ensure that teaching materials, equipment and facilities are prepared for instruction and use through effective communications with the colleagues and supplier partners
- Actively promote and work with both TQ staff and the Authority to ensure a good working relationships and a “one team” approach
- Attend all appropriate staff meetings and training sessions under the direction of your line manager.
- Participate in performance review sessions as required and identify individual training needs.Support the actions outlined in the College Quality Improvement Action Plan
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
- Relevant teaching and/or training qualification (i.e. Cert Ed, PGCE, CTLLS, DTLLS)
- Level 3 qualification in BTEC Public Services, English, Maths, ICT and/or other relevant subject.
- Experience of delivering BTEC Public Services to Levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Ability to embrace and develop practical and innovative delivery models.
- Ability to adopt specific contextualised delivery models.
- Good general ICT skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Flexible, adaptable and enthusiastic team-worker.
- Ability to adapt lessons to support the needs of the individual and the group.
- Possession of excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possession of excellent listening skills.
- Possession of excellent interpersonal skills and supportive attitude to colleagues.
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for the values of inclusive, personalised education and training.
- A flexible approach to work, including the support of evening and weekend working if required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work under pressure.
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, quality assurance and customer care.
- Have attended or be willing to do so the Authority’s ASLS Course (course is currently held at Pirbright).
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harrogate
Work Locations: GB-Harrogate-Army Foundation College Army Foundation College Penny Pot Lane Harrogate HG3 2SE
Job: Learning Delivery
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 10, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Part-time Regular
Req ID: 1904722
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.