Business Certifications Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We are the world's learning company and have a passion, energy and a genuine desire to help people make progress in their lives through learning. As the UK's largest awarding body we offer academic and vocational qualifications and testing to schools, colleges, employers and other places of learning in the UK, and internationally.
Pearson Education Limited is certified currently to ISO9001 Quality Management, ISO27001 Information Security and ISO22301 Business Continuity at various Pearson UK sites. The responsibility for the maintenance of our ISO9001 and ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials certifications lies with the Business Improvement and Regulation division, part of the Quality, Standards and Governance division led by Pearson’s responsible officer, who reports directly to the President of Core Markets.
The Audit and Quality department supports the awarding body function of the business, responsible for ensuring that processes are driven by continual improvement, meet the needs of our customers, achieve our business goals and comply with Pearson and regulatory requirements, in line with our business certifications.We help maintain this through delivery of an annual audit programme and the implementation of our Quality and Information Security management systems and various business improvement initiatives to support this.
- Support the business in implementing and maintaining quality and information security management systems compliant with ISO requirements, through promoting good practice and a culture of excellence across the business and by training and influencing staff
- Prepare and implement a programme to enhance business awareness and skills required to develop and maintain effective information security and quality management
- Design, manage and deliver improvement projects, including those identified by internal audits or key stakeholders to drive continual improvement
- Train, supervise and support members of staff across all levels of the organisation to maintain a strong culture of quality management and information security
- Review, maintain and develop procedures, policies and documentation in relation to external business standards
- Lead on the preparation and delivery of management review
- Maintain close working relationships with Pearson enabling functions including information security, Technology and data privacy to ensure business processes are aligned with global policies
- Prepare for and facilitate third party audits against ISO 9001 and 27001, manage relationship with certification bodies. Lead on business improvement activity in preparation for, or resulting from the audits
- Lead on or provide advice and assistance with the development and implementation of processes, policies and procedures required for information security and quality management systems as a result of reviews of current business practices
- Conduct gap analysis against other business standards to support the business as required
- Support the broader work of division by working across the various functions when required
- Support other functions in maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements and ISO 22301 Business Continuity when required
- Influencing behaviours across all levels of the large organisation.
- Identifying best practice and recommending and promoting practical and cost-effective actions for improving the effectiveness of business systems and processes
- Implementing successful quality and information security management systems, balancing regulations, rules and standards with business needs and priorities
- Adapting approach when communicating with the many and often diverse functional groups across the business
- Influencing management through negotiation, persuasion and exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility in organisation and planning of activities to accommodate business needs and priorities, whilst still achieving within tight time schedules
Key Measures of Success
- Maintenance of ISO22301, ISO9001 and ISO27001 certifications
- Measurable improvements in business processes
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Previous Work Experience
- maintaining a quality and/or information security management system or equivalent
- implementing ISO 27001 and/or ISO 9001 or equivalent
- delivering training, presentations and building a culture of business excellence
- Exemplary analytical and communication skills
- writing briefings, reports and business correspondence to varied audiences
- influencing staff, including senior management to foster organisational change
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Experience of process improvement activities or managing large scale cross-business improvement projects
- Good understanding of information security best practice
- People management skills
- Experience of managing processes
Systems, Tools & IT Literacy
- Excellent ability in Word, Excel, Lucid Chart, Google applications
- Understanding of process creation and mapping
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Experience of working with ISO 9001 and/or ISO 27001 standards or equivalent Quality and/or Information Security standards or practice
- Degree educated
- Training on implementation of ISO 9001 and/or ISO 27001 standards or equivalent
- Training or knowledge of ISO 22301 or Cyber Essentials
- Training on a project management approach or process quality tools
Personal Style and Behaviour
- Flexible in approach, able to use own initiative to develop creative solutions to problems
- Organise and plan activities to accommodate business needs and priorities whilst still achieving tight time schedules Clear, confident communicator, comfortable making decisions, flexible enough to manage a fluctuating workload
- Clear, confident communicator, comfortable making decisions, flexible enough to manage a fluctuating workload
- Able to maintain good working relationships inside and outside the organisation
- Highly organised, able to manage multiple projects and tasks within tight timescales
- Committed to continual improvement in all aspects of the role
- Willing to undertake additional training
Strengths you’ll need
- Professional, customer focused
- Shape internal infrastructure to respond to external trends
- Improve process and service efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain highest level of quality and standards
- Proactively contribute to a high performing team
- Communicate with influence
- Work with others to achieve goals
- Deliver goals in a changing environment
- Take a creative and innovative approach to work
The salary for the role is circa £44,000 and offers a very competitive package.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Job: General Business Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: May 13, 2019
Job Unposting: May 27, 2019
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1902690
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.