Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Business Continuity Analyst, BCMO
The Business Continuity Analyst will serve as main point of contact for working with the Thomson Reuters business regarding business continuity planning, liaising closely with the Business Continuity Managers and partners within the various Thomson Reuters business units.You will also work closely with the business continuity managers to help arrange Business Continuity tests and report on those tests.
You will be the subject matter expert on the business continuity management system – currently eBRP liaising with the BC managers and business units as appropriate. The Analyst will deliver training on business continuity including awareness in person and online.
- Review current business continuity plans and processes. Continuously ensure plans are current and viable. Manage plan update schedule for locations as assigned; provide reminders and support to BC coordinators to ensure timely plan maintenance
- Provide assistance as required to support existing tools and technology, as well as evaluate and recommend new solutions and technologies that can deliver improved efficiencies and capabilities in support of program objectives.
- Liaise with Global Security to utilize our Mass Notification System for scheduling and reporting notifications tests for business continuity program
- Administer and run our business continuity management system (currently eBRP )
- Data Management, which includes, but is not limited to updates and deletions of applications, employees, teams, etc.
- Provide system training to BC Plan Owners/Plan Administrators
- Liaise with Learning Solutions Team to handle training material located on our learning management system.
- Prepare reports on BC status and activity for BCMO managements and plan owners using various tools
- Assist the Thomson Reuters corporate customer assurance organization with responding to customer questionnaires by representing business continuity in conjunction with the BC managers
- Assist in the creation of business continuity documentation, including BC plans, training material, test scenarios and reports
- Develop and maintain a knowledge repository of business continuity related information to streamline and standardize responses to questionnaires
- Run our information offering to the business units – including HUB, SharePoint and ServiceNow
- Assist in management of risks – using the SARR tool
- Perform other business continuity tasks as assigned by leadership
- Support the business units in their planning
- Ensure plans are tested
- Metrics produced to an agreed timeframe
- Support Business Continuity Managers in the Planning & Testing activities.
- Ensure data held within the BC Tool is relevant, accurate and timely.
- Ensure MNS tests are prepared, invoked, reported on and all necessary actions communicated.
- Maintain an appealing and helpful BCMO Hub environment
- Run the BCMO Share Point environment efficiently and effectively
Essential Skills and Experience
- Commercial experience in a technology led position with exposure to business continuity concepts
- Experience with business continuity management good practice, for example, BCI or DRI
- Experience in a rapidly changing environment where priorities are subject to frequent change
- Experience with BC should include plan use and implementation of BC tools such as planning software, project, and emergency notification tools.
- Strong IT background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues and partners at all levels
- Demonstrated training and presentation skills
- Highly motivated, can-do, and self-directing; analytical
- Basic project management skills and a shown ability to collaborate, and deliver effectively in a dynamic, complex, and matrixed environment on a global scale
- Flexibility to support Business units in the event of a serious incident
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services
- Experience in Technical Operations
- Experience in Facilities Management
Bachelor’s degree in relevant concentration or equivalent work experience/training preferred. A technology background is preferred
Business Continuity certification preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com