The Business Development/Commercial Originator is responsible for:
Leading the Air BP business growth agenda and pursuing investment opportunities in new supply envelopes. The focus will be on developing a presence in hub and regional airport locations and establishing third party supply.
- Managing capital budgets associated with new airport entry and/or investment opportunities.
- Developing a deep understanding in new supply envelopes and the offer required for customers, suppliers and supply chain partners to deliver new opportunities with acceptable returns and risk for Air BP.
- Building a close working relationship in the origination space (Fuels/IST/Air BP) and identifying (and if appropriate leading the capture of) total BP value.
- Opportunities have been identified to deliver significant incremental revenue to Air BP throughout North America over ne xt 5 years and greater benefits to the wider BP group.
- Accelerate implementation of new supply envelope roadmaps; ongoing development, research and monitoring of opportunities is critical.
- Monitoring industry opportunities across North America outside of Air BP’s existing supply envelopes and develop relationships with key industry participants.
- Managing projects from inception through to operate, including developing a project plan, and identifying required resources.
- Recommending business cases utilizing CVP and EEM process. Highlighting and analyzing risks associated with the opportunity.
- Leading Management of Change processes to handover operational developed supply envelopes to Location Manager’s within the team.
- Accelerate and deliver origination activities to secure advantaged supply, and logistics assets through appropriate counterparty management with third party suppliers, asset owners and/or operators. Recommend operate relationship maps.
- Manage origination relationships within BP and any external third parties with support of the Supply & Logistics Manager.
- Stay abreast with Fuels and IST origination activities, to identify any potential opportunities for Air BP.
- Co-ordinate and communicate Air BP origination activities with Fuels and IST as appropriate to ensure progression and alignment of face to market.
- Develop a list of opportunities and prioritize this within available Capex budgets.
Air BP Team and Supply:
- Develop close working relationships with Air BP teams. The role will work closely with Supply, Commercial and General Aviation teams, as well as Technical Operations and Finance teams as business development opportunities progress.
- Support Location Managers in further developing and expanding existing supply envelopes. Peer review opportunities with Location Managers and Supply Coordinators.
- Share market insight and estimates on competitors cost structures, supply chains and trading optionality with team members to improve performance in Air BP’s existing supply envelopes.
Bachelor's Degree; MBA preferred but not essential.
- Commercial experience in supply, origination, sales or business development related roles.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships and influence at all levels. Experience of influencing across organisational boundaries is desirable.
- Knowledge of supply chains and trading, experience in constructing complex integrated value chain deals and an ability to successfully articulate these to the customer and internal colleagues.
- Proven track record of leading negotiations at senior level and delivering commercial deals and projects. Deeply creative and flexible mind-set as well as analytics with strong commercial acumen.
- Ability to assimilate complex and ambiguous market/business data and mace-economics variables to identify key risks/opportunities and aid decision making.
- Strong Values & Behaviours and Leadership expectations.