As the Business Development Manager for the Central America, Caribbean and South America (CCSA) region, the post-holder will be responsible for developing and implementing a framework that will deliver best in class Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and distribution operations across the growth and main markets in the region. This role owns the OEM and Franchise Workshop Dealer (FWD) agenda and is responsible to develop a framework to evaluate, act and significantly improve national distributors operations, including identifying and developing new grow opportunities (organic and inorganic) in key markets.
This is a key strategic role that is responsible for long term development actions and key planning processes in the region.
This role can be located in the Wayne, New Jersey office or in other BP US offices (Houston), or outside of the US in growth counties (Peru, Chile, Columbia, Argentina). The role may also be home based in other regions in the US (Miami, Florida or other relevant areas).
- Owner of the OEM/FWD agenda in the region and responsible for delivering the objectives according to the CCSA Strategy.
- Work with the Global Account Management Team and Regional Teams to develop business plans for key accounts located across the region; Lead the negotiations directly with the global accounts mentioned and work through the Regional Sales Managers and National Distributors to negotiate individual deals in different countries.
- Develop and implement, through the Regional Sales Managers, programs to improve our Distributors' performance.
- Understand the business in the growth and main countries in CCSA, in order to identify, develop and support the execution of new opportunities (organic and inorganic).
- As member of the leadership team, proactively leads/contribute to the development and execution of the business strategy and plan with specific emphasis on:
- Supporting development and implementation of strategies in the countries,
- Driving delivery of key business objectives,
- Key capability development aligned with Castrol priorities.
- Involved and support strategic projects related to sales.
Bachelors Degree required.
- Minimum 7 years experience in sales/business development in B2B and/or B2C businesses, along with supply chain and commercial acumen.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English absolute requirement.
- Deep understanding of the CCSA markets.
- Very strong facilitation and interpersonal skills at all levels of the organisation.
- High level of customer focus with a continuous improvement mind-set.
- High degree of energy and resilience, combined with a "can do" attitude.
- The ability to manage and work with diverse and cross functional groups across different geographies to solve problems and improve processes, as well as gain support for the businesses in the Country.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical business plans.
- Ability to be hands on and drive the business with direct responsibility.
- Flexibility of thought and action to be able to respond to changing market environments and dynamic business situations, with change management skills.