At The Stepstone Group, we help everyone get the job that best fits their life. Whether it is the next step in their career, or a job to pay the bills - we exist to match lifestyles with livelihoods.
We play our part by giving people everything they need to find the right job for them in that moment; making jobs work for more people, whatever they do, and however they choose to do it.
Equal opportunities are important to us. We believe that diversity and inclusion at The Stepstone Group is critical to our success as a global company, so we want to recruit, develop, and keep the best talent on the market. We encourage applications from everyone, regardless of your background, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, ethnicity, belief, age, family or parental status, and any other characteristic. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or interviewing, please let us know.
What will this role look like on a day-to-day basis?
- Position The Stepstone Group as a strategic and trusted partner and build strong relationships with key stakeholders from clients.
- Gain a thorough understanding of clients' current and future needs and their strategy and prepare customized solutions.
- Be responsible for the entire sales process from prospecting, building, and maintaining a strong pipeline of new business prospects through to client on-boarding.
- Keep abreast of industry and market trends to offer insights and expertise to our key clients.
- Be a role model for The Stepstone Group's values in all internal and client interactions.
- Proactively generate new leads from client referrals and networking as well as acting on leads generated by our marketing activities.
- Create compelling proposals that communicate our value and deliver to the client’s strategy and requirements.
- Generate, negotiate, and close new business opportunities with clients.
- Attend client meetings when required and deliver thoughtful presentations and solutions.
- Ensure that sales targets are met on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis through developing existing client relationships whilst also growing and converting a pipeline of new business.
Some skills you might have:
We know looking for a new job can be scary, and sometimes the list of skills you are asked for can seem exhaustive. Below are a few of the skills we look for, but please do not be put off applying if you do not have every single one of them!
- Proven B2B sales background (ideally within a comparable industry sector).
- Good negotiation skills and the ability to command respect amongst senior decision makers.
- Enthusiasm, drive and great communication skills.
- Commercially astute and competitive.
- Confident and proactive personality.
- Computer literate with the ability to use and master internal systems and MS Office suite.
- Be able to recognise and demonstrate the benefits of formal sales training.
Benefits and Rewards:
We believe in giving recognition to our employees, so if you are interested to find out more, please look at the The Stepstone Group career site.
- Holiday - 29 days holiday a year, plus public holidays. In addition, you can buy or sell up to 3 days each year.
- Charity - 2 additional days off every year to volunteer to charitable causes. You can also donate tax-free to a registered charity, and The Stepstone Group will match your contribution up to a value of £10 per month.
- Medical - Access to digital GP and well-being services.
- Pension Scheme - We offer a competitive pension scheme to help you plan for the future
- Family Leave - We understand that laying the foundations for a smooth start to family leave will also make for an easier transition back to the workplace and subject to qualifying criteria, the benefits under the Company Family schemes are more generous than required under current legislation.
For more information about The Stepstone Group benefits please look at The Stepstone Group career site.
When you apply for a role with us you will be asked to complete an equal opportunities questionnaire. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to reach out to one of the team.