Job DescriptionBusiness Intelligence DeveloperNorthamptonSalary Package: Competitive depending on experience1 x Permanent Role
St Andrews is recruiting for a Business Intelligence Developer.
You will be joining a highly capable and ambitious team with high standards and a clear dedication to patient care. We are here to serve our patients and work together to help patients improve their mental health, re-integrate into society, and lead fulfilling lives. Our patients depend on us and they are the reason why we are driven to deliver excellence each day, every day. To perform to the best of our ability, we innovate and learn all the time.
We are primarily a Microsoft House, so here is what we need from our developers: Essential Skills
- SQL Server 2012 onwards
- SSAS (Tabular Model is very desirable)
- SSRS / Power BI
- Dimensional Modelling Desirable Skills
- Azure SQL Server and Azure Data Factory
- Experience in working in an Agile/Scrum environment Type of person we need
- Team Player
- Driven and Focused
- Willingness to learn new things
- Good communicator with external stakeholders About the role
You will be joining a dynamic development team, working with Agile Scrum and bringing bleeding edge tools and developments to the charity. Currently running on SQL Server 2017, don’t worry if you haven’t used 2016 and your experience is with 2012 onwards. We are looking for potential too! We are looking for people to be involved in the following;
About the Charity
- - End to End Business Intelligence development, from the creation of the Data Warehouse structure to the front end visualisation
- - We are migrating our current dashboards over from Power BI Report Server (on-prem) to Power BI Service while also looking to migrate our Data Warehouse to the Azure cloud platform. Knowledge and experience with the Azure cloud is a nice to have skill.
- - Working in a Scrum environment with the ability to pick up a variation of tasks
- - Gather requirements from stakeholders within the charity
- - Continuously encouraged to improve current skills and learn new technologies
A top 20 UK charity, St Andrew’s is a unique provider of specialist care in mental health and learning disability. We aspire to deliver truly world class, holistic services within our outstanding, modern facilities. Our independence means we can always put patients’ interests at the heart of decision making, while re-investing surpluses in frontline services. We are currently transforming the Charity to deliver ‘Value Based Healthcare’. This will ensure our patients consistently get the best possible outcomes and local teams gain more control and responsibility.
If you feel strongly about mental health, if you can work with a bunch of great people that will challenge and delight in equal measure, if you want to dedicate your professional life to the best cause there is, then apply and join our team. We recognise success, work hard, innovate, learn, have fun, support each other and thrive together. If you are one of us and haven’t met us yet, now is your chance!
We are a unique organisation with a positive, inclusive, welcoming culture that’s very much our own. We’re guided by shared values, defined by the people who work here and the patients we support. These values shape our behaviours and feed into everything we do. During the recruitment process, you will have the opportunity to speak to our staff and find out what it’s like to work for St Andrews.Benefits & Package
Closing Date - Sunday 10th May 2020
- Sickness policy on par with the NHS
- 27 days annual leave, increasing to 33 after 10 years' service plus bank holidays
- Life cover
- Green car and Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Paid DBS application
- Access to vocational qualifications