Business Sales Discover Graduate Programme
Start date: September 2022
Duration of Programme: 3 years - rotational placement programme
Salary: We offer a generous starting salary with on target commission in first year, with yearly pay progression and opportunities to earn over £50k in your third year
Location*: All roles are location independent meaning you won’t work at any one location or office every day. We expect you’ll spend your time between home, with colleagues at meeting points and at customer sites. Each year you will be centred around one of the following locations; Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham/Coventry, Newark, Swansea, London, Newbury, Bristol.
Flexibility is required between all locations for the duration of the programme.
What you need:
• A 2.2 in any degree.
• Recently graduated – i.e. a bachelors or masters obtained or to be obtained between September 2020 and August 2022.
• Hold a valid UK driving license by the time you start in Sept 2022.
• You must also have the correct right to work documentation in place for the full programme duration. We do not accept the Graduate Route Visa.
Application close date: 31st October 2021, however, we may close earlier if we have enough game changing applications, so make sure you apply early.
What you need to submit: You will only need to upload your CV as part of the application. You do not need to upload a cover letter as it will not be reviewed as part of your application.
*Remote working options: Vodafone is transforming – in the way we work & how we work. Our offices are now used as a hub for collaboration, co-creation & even concentration spaces. Across most our roles, we expect our employees to be following a blended approach to working with a 60-40 split, the majority being at home. We encourage our employees to find a way of working that suits them and works best for the team.
Please note that you can only make one application to one of our Discover programmes for 2022. We will only consider your first application.
Business at Vodafone
The world is changing at a rapid pace, technology is advancing faster than ever before and in order to succeed businesses of all sizes need to adapt to the changing digital landscape around them. Our UK and Group Business functions are focused on doing just that. By connecting people, places and things, Vodafone Business helps organisations succeed in a digital world. With our expertise in connectivity, our leading IoT platform and our global scale, we can deliver the results organisations need to progress and thrive. By joining the Business Sales Discover Graduate Programme you could play a part in helping businesses of all sizes and sectors to connect for a better future.
What’s in it for you:
• Investment in your sales and professional skills development
• Depending on your degree subject you could complete a three-year sales apprenticeship degree. You’ll spend 20% of your working week learning the latest business and sales skills, putting your learning into practise, reflecting on your learning through assignments, and receiving coaching to support your continuous learning. Upon completion you’ll gain a BSc degree in Professional Practice in B2B Sales.
• Mentors and additional support from Sales leaders and our best sales people;
• Having customer exposure and accountability for sales from day one;
• Learning from industry experts that facilitate a focused professional development to enable you to take your career forwards;
• Being part of a global community of graduates;
• Flexible working and fast paced environment;
• A focus on helping our customers to innovate, transform their businesses and do things differently;
• High and demanding expectations which will test your capability and limits.
What to expect:
During this programme, you will be working across teams that aim to connect people, places and things and deliver digital solutions to allow businesses to succeed. You can expect to see a focus on innovation and doing things differently for our customers. Their success will be your success so building a trusting partnership is vital.
The Sales stream will give you the opportunity to gain experience in New Business Development, Account Management, Specialist Sales and Technical Sales whilst working across a mixture of private and public sector accounts. This will enable you to quickly develop a broad range of sales and customer skills, learn how to transform different industries and sectors through our technology, and understand where your strengths and passions lie. The programme duration is 3 years with rotations lasting 1 year each. Which rotations you experience will depend on the business needs at the time. You will have the opportunity to work in different locations, teams, roles, industries and customer accounts to give you a rounded view of businesses and give you a strong foundation to launch your Sales career at Vodafone!
What we’re looking for:
• An interest in business and entrepreneurship
• Curiosity and passion for technology, how things work and the future of digital;
• Intellectual curiosity and hunger for development;
• Customer focused and commercial savviness;
• Ability to quickly build rapport with people from all walks of life, inside and outside of Vodafone (need better wording);
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
• Creativity and adaptability;
• Proficient in English
• Able to relocate around the UK based on your rotation each year
Whatever your degree is or wherever your passion lies, you’ll have the freedom to experience different rotations and projects, so you can discover what you enjoy the most. And if you’re open to learning, pushing boundaries, and making the most of every opportunity, then there’s nothing stopping you from Acting Up, and making the kind of change you’ve always wanted to.
Vodafone is committed to making reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process for all candidates considered to have a disability. If you have any questions or requirements, please let us know at the following address: email@example.com
Put your spirit into practice, and Act Up.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.