C2.0 Senior Manager - Quality Assurance
Gowtham to populate
Position:Senior Java Developer - Java 8, LDP, NoSQL, Micro Services
Pearson is a global education company that helps people around the world to make progress in
their lives through learning. With a rich heritage that combines 150 years of experience in
publishing with the latest learning technology and digital services, we help people to learn
whatever, wherever and however they choose.
We are now transforming Pearson to accelerate our activity in digital learning, education
services and emerging markets. This will enable us to make a lasting impact in helping to solve
some of the most important challenges in global education.
Why we need you
Our strength comes from our outstanding people; our strong relationships in the education
world; our expertise in using technology to help people learn; our global footprint and local
reach; and our position as a profitable, global company with a unifying sense of purpose.
We're investing in our technology and infrastructure. By working at Pearson, you have a unique
chance to make a real difference to the lives of people all over the world.
Across the world we believe strength and success comes from diversity in our people - all
qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
You will join a team of developers to build some brand new exciting APIs for the internal and
external partners. You will be working mainly on a Java based API built using LDP and NoSQL
database.You will be exposed to AWS also.
Essential Skills / experience
● Strong full stack technical credentials with 5 years of professional experience
● Experienced in the usage and development of REST APIs
● Experience working with Agile methodologies, and have a TDD and BDD approach to
software development and familiarity with testing frameworks.
● Experienced with Java 8
● Previous experience of Java API development and testing using JAX-RS/Jersey,
JUnit/Mockito, Spring/Spring Boot etc.
● Experienced in Non Relational databases or Linked Data Platform or Graph/Triple store
or semantic web or RDF.
● Experienced in writing efficient code, optimizing performance and debugging issues
● Excellent communication skills
● Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or IT related field
Desirable skills and knowledge:
● Familiar with JSON-LD, RDF and Linked Data a big plus
● Experienced with Marklogic, any Triple store or other NoSQL DataBase
● Familiar with REST browser clients, such as DHC or Postman
● Experienced with immutable infrastructure using Docker, and running in AWS
● Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
● Flexible, adaptable, positive attitude when dealing with constant change
● Can-do attitude
Primary Location: IN-IN-Bangalore
Work Locations: IN-Bangalore-DivyaSree Chambers Wing A, DivyaSree Chambers O'Shaugnessy Road, Langford Town Bangalore
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 10, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1806951
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.