Business Security Managers (BSMs) are embedded, fulltime security professionals found in the higher risk or larger business operations. The Chicago Area Facilities Operations (CAFO) BSM manages all aspects of security within the Naperville Campuses and the Chicago office. Its projects include, investigations, identifying risks, formulating threat assessments, conducting security risk management audits, assisting in the delivery of security awareness programs, oversite of third party physical security contractors and tenants, and providing security strategies and solutions for business-related problems.
- Provide proactive and appropriate assessment/update on threats and vulnerabilities identified during the risk review process and daily activities. Identify and assess security risks within the businesses and develop plans to mitigate key exposures to our people, operations, assets, information, intellectual property and reputation.
- Responsible for all CAFO security activities to meet Group requirements or recommendations and to develop the site security management plan through networking with other disciplines including HSE, Project Management, Digital Security, Human Resources for the region, Crisis and Continuity Management and appropriate facility management leaders.
- Ensure appropriate and relevant security awareness training needs of the businesses are identified and the relevant specific training delivered. Promote employee security awareness through education/prevention programs, to include security bulletins and informative town halls.
- Provide functional expertise to BUs- or function-sponsored projects and act as Project Leader for security related projects. Ensure security is taken into account during planning and implementing of new projects / business expansion. Where appropriate and in conjunction with Group Security, act as focal point for security advice to a capital projects in line with the whole Capital Value Process
- Participate in Crisis Management exercises as appropriate. Assist in developing, testing and updating crisis management plans and establishing emergency preparedness and response procedures on security matters.
- Manage and maintain oversight of the security contracts to ensure third party providers (physical, security system administration, etc.) activities and performance are in line with BP's security standards and code of conduct.
- Managing the balance between security and diverse operational needs (including technology operations), while developing and implementing security programs for BP CAFO locations.
- As a multi-business site, this role will need to establish and maintain multi-business stakeholders and community relationships
- Ensure liaison and security consistency with the CAFO facilities
- Ensure effective operation of the security contract and other contractors maintaining security equipment.
- Senior Security professional with prior experience in the police, military, intelligence, security services or other law enforcement agencies for a minimum of five years, or with a background as a professional security manager with commercial experience for a minimum of five years.
- The candidate must possess a strong ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior management, business clients, colleagues and external parties. The candidate will be highly self-motivated and capable of working on his/her own initiative.
- Must have proven experience leading and delivering key programs
- Must have proven experience working in an influence role with management and large teams