The Global Channel & Operations Central team supports three lines of business: English, Global Schools and Assessment. These products are sold in dozens of countries by local Pearson companies (the "Geos"), and our team manages global campaigns and supports Geos with their local marketing needs. As a Campaign and Communications Manager, you will report to and work closely with the Director. Position
- Devise integrated marketing campaigns with the aim of acquiring and retaining customers and or raising awareness of the brand or a specific product.
- Manage the implementation, tracking and measurement of marketing campaigns
- Brief and oversee the work of internal and external agencies, such as designers, animators and printers, who will deliver much of the campaign activity
- Write, edit and proofread copy for promotional materials within marketing campaigns & web content.
- Ensure that the organisation’s brand and identity is adhered to in campaigns and in all communication channels
- Deliver regular reports of campaign results, including web analysis and evaluation of KPIs
- Maintain regular measurement of the ROI of campaigns
- Ensure accuracy of marketing materials and provide formal sign off if necessary
- Collect and use data to inform new campaigns and the evaluation of existing campaigns
- Keep abreast of current trends in marketing and the industry as a whole
- Work within a budget and report any overspend
Candidate Profile and skills required:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Excellent writing skills are a pre-requisite as you will frequently have to write copy for marketing promotions and internal comms.
- Ability to manage relationships with agencies and third parties as well as persuade a non-marketing audience, such as senior level managers within the organisation, of the wisdom of proposed campaigns.
- Project management skills. You will have ownership and have to work with a budget, meet deadlines for multiple projects and ensure ROI on marketing campaigns. You will need to manage the organisation’s output effectively and be able to intervene if things are going off-track.
- The ability to combine curiosity and creative flair with rigorous planning and execution
- Self-motivated and with a positive, can-do attitude towards challenges and obstacles, comfortable with uncertainty and a changing environment
- Ability to stay calm under pressure, good at juggling tasks and prioritising
- A great team player, who collaborates well and strives for the success of the whole team
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Job: Product Management
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: May 14, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1806448
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.