We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Category Sourcing Manager for Network Services.
This role reports via the global business services (GBS) procurement function within BP where our vice president reports into the group CFO.
Within GBS procurement the IT sourcing team is responsible for an overall spend of some $1.6 billion pa across 7 sub-categories including applications development & maintenance, platform services, software, hardware, workplace services, network services and market data.
The role of category sourcing manager for network services is to partner with information technology and services (IT&S) to create and execute the sourcing strategy for the network services. The role includes accountability for the end to end sourcing process including vendor management for data networks globally.
This encompasses all commercial aspects from the initial selection of Suppliers to their effective integration into the IT organization. This role will support the category sourcing director in all aspects of stakeholder engagement and category management including any negotiations and dispute resolutions.
This job holder will work across senior stakeholders in the IT&S function and will be expected to operate effectively as a senior procurement professional with expertise in the procurement of complex managed services contracts for IT Infrastructure services.
The IT sourcing team is also responsible for providing front-line support (in conjunction with our off shore GBS centres ) in designing and deploying our transactional activities into IT sourcing process, and to work in partnership with our off shore service centres to ensure successful delivery
Provide leadership as category sourcing manager for network services. Which encompasses:
- Becoming a valued member of the network services operations teams - actively sought in the forefront of all business decisions
- Providing deep category knowledge and supply market expertise to the business
- Creating and executing a future sourcing strategy for Network Services that maximises ROI for the business i.e. activities focused on increased savings for the business and/or reduced cost / demand
Managing risk and drive value for all spend under remit
- Developing & executing an appropriate supplier governance process to effectively manage vendor relationships including performance reviews, obligations tracking and value leakage prevention
- Ensuring service levels are measured, reviewed, and reported on correctly
- Modify service levels and create new Service Levels over the term of the agreements
- Coach less experienced GBS procurement staff
- Participate in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned
- Measure / report the value delivered
Degree educated or equivalent business qualifications (eg MCIPS).
Essential experience and job requirements
- Extensive experience of sourcing Network Services
- Experience in global or multi country service environments with a proven track record of influencing large teams of a diverse nature
- Experience running large sourcing activities, including drafting and running RFPs and drafting and negotiating contracts
- Experience working in IT Outsourcing / IT Operations / IT Procurement
- Vendor management skills and applying industry best practice
- Demonstrable experience in Fixed Pricing, Firm Pricing, T&M, and Staff Augmentation constructs
- Ability to articulate requirements in contract ready language
- Ability to interpret contract language and develop a position
- Specific and in depth understanding of the category supply market and value drivers
- Excellent negotiation skills with experience in negotiating multi-million commercial IT contracts
- Ability to engage mid to senior business and IT personnel in an influential manner, to win over stakeholder consensus
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Experience in Network Services operations with strong preference to complex managed services contracts
- Understanding of procurement tools and systems
- In depth experience of managing high value multi-vendor strategic supplier relationships
- Relevant professional experience and certification e.g. Service Delivery (ITIL Certification), Procurement (CIPS VM certification), IT Project Management (PMP Certification) or equivalents.
- Experience working in the energy industry with awareness of industry needs & business challenges