Category Supply Planner
Nestlé UK and I
Tutbury or Gatwick
Circa 35K depending on experience plus potential bonus + fantastic benefits
This is a full time permanent opportunity, but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to use during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you.
We have a great opportunity to join the Supply Chain function within Nestlé, we are looking for a Category Supply Planner to be based at either our Gatwick Office or Tutbury Manufacturing site to support our Nescafé Dolce Gusto supply chain strategy.
Together, we’re making a difference with coffee, working at NESCAFÉ gives our people the unique opportunity to combine two things they love. Coffee. And making a difference.
Our category is full of energy and excitement, challenge and change. Our team is full of talent and potential. We work with powerhouse brands like NESCAFÉ, NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto and Starbucks. And we’re at the forefront of innovative product developments across the category from ready-to-drink canned cold brew coffee to plant-based lattes.
All these possibilities give us the chance to make a positive impact on the world around us. So when you join the NESCAFÉ team, you make a promise to yourself and all your colleagues to make a difference every day; by winning and delivering to lead our category; by being an asset to the communities we touch and by promoting sustainability in everything we do.
In return, we promise to help you make a difference by creating a culture that promotes learning, nurtures team spirit, fosters pride and encourages innovative thinking.
A day in the life of Category Supply Planner
Reporting into EMENA Supply lead, you be an integral part of the team, responsible for the management of the supply network of Nescafé Dolce Gusto by replenishing each dispatch point to meet customer service objectives whilst maintaining optimal stock cover that takes into account the distribution costs.
Other Key responsibilities of this role will include:
• Establish the supply plan and net despatch requirements to ensure Customer Service.
• Satisfy customer needs taking into account the network complexity and the supply constraints.
• Plan and optimize mixed loads taking into account transportation constraints.
• Balance the need for product availability versus the need to minimise costs of inventory to ensure optimum stocks of the right material in the right location.
• Establish production requirements for short and long term and to follow up on production plans.
• Establish and periodically review stock policies for Finished Goods.
• Analyse and effectively communicate relevant information to respective Stakeholders. Highlighting all supply issues. Detailing impacts of proposed actions and related trade offs to help achieve business plans.
• Challenge Production Planners to manage lot sizes, cycle times to drive optimum FG inventory and required Freshness level.
• Ensures proper Master Data settings and Event Management related SNP visibility (launches, re-launches, discontinuations)
• Managing intermarket relationships to influence export opportunities.
What will make you successful
You’ll come from a Supply Chain background with experience ideally in a planning role. You’ll have a strong problem solving mindset, as well as the ability to challenge and improve existing processes.
Other key attributes are:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Experience working in a FMCG environment.
• The role involves working with large teams and interacting with people of all levels (both internally and externally) and you’ll be required to be an effective influencer and communicator.
• You will need excellent numeracy and analytical skills you’ll also demonstrate a understanding of software applications e.g. SAP & Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrate excellent teamwork and communication skills, accompanied with a self-motivated attitude and flexible approach.
• Resilient attitude and perseverance to solve challenges.
This is a great opportunity to work within a talented and dedicated team, in what will be a challenging role. In return we will offer you all the support and guidance necessary to succeed in role.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 22nd April 2021.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.