Chair of Examiners - GCSE - Arabic
Closing date: 31 March 2019 at midnight
The Chair of Examiners is responsible to Pearson for maintaining standards in a subject or group of subjects across different syllabi and methods of assessment from year to year.
- To chair the Question Paper Evaluation Committee (QPEC) meeting(s).
- To ensure the question paper(s) and mark schemes meet the requirements of the assessment criteria as set out in the specification.
- To chair the Awarding meeting for each syllabus in the designated subject or subject area, checking that the required standards are brought to bear in each examination component and in each subject as a whole.
- To recommend mark boundaries for each grade in each subject at the conclusion of the Awarding process.
- To participate in (a) conferences with teachers and (b) courses for examiners as required.
- To collaborate closely with the Qualification Delivery and Award Manager in carrying out all designated responsibilities. All recommendations arising from these responsibilities must be made through the QDAM.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- You will have a degree or equivalent.
- You will be a qualified teacher
- You will have UK school-based teaching experience, in the relevant subject and qualification.
- You will have assessment experience up to Team Leader level in the relevant qualification.
- You will have experience of managing people.
- You will have the right to work in the UK and a UK bank account.
- You will be a good communicator.
- You will have sound organisational skills.
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure.
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines.
- You will be IT literate.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.