Chair of Examiners - LCCI - Business Calculations (Levels 2 and 3)
Closing date: 30 November 2018 at midday
Pearson is recruiting a Chair of examiners for LCCI Business Calculations (Level 2 and 3
The closing date for this vacancy is the 30th November
Short listed applicants will be required to attend an interview
The Chair of Examiners is responsible to Pearson for maintaining standards in a subject or group of subjects across different syllabi and methods of assessment from year to year.
· To chair the Question Paper Evaluation Committee (QPEC) meeting(s).
· To ensure the question paper(s) and mark schemes meet the requirements of the assessment criteria as set out in the specification.
· To chair the Awarding meeting and participate in grading activity (where applicable) for each syllabus in the designated subject or subject area, checking that the required standards are brought to bear in each component and in each subject as a whole.
· To recommend mark boundaries for each grade in each subject at the conclusion of the Awarding/grading activity process (where applicable).
· To participate in (a) conferences with teachers and (b) courses for examiners as required.
· To monitor the marking standards of the examining team.
· To collaborate closely with the Qualification Delivery and Award Manager in carrying out all designated responsibilities. All recommendations arising from these responsibilities must be made through the QDAM.
· To submit an overall evaluation report on the internal and external assessment for the qualification every year.
· To review and act on any report about the qualification, e.g. level of demand.
Experience and Qualifications Required
· You will have a degree or equivalent.
· You will have teaching experience, in the relevant subject area. (Besides experience of teaching business calculations, this could also be mathematics, statistics or economics)
· You will have assessment experience equal to, or above team leader level in the relevant subject area.
· You will have experience of managing people.
· You will have the right to work in the UK and a UK bank account .
· [Desirable] You will hold a teaching qualification.
· You will be a good communicator.
· You will have sound organisational skills.
· You will have the ability to work well under pressure.
· You will have the ability to meet deadlines.
· You will be IT literate.
We have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.