As a Change Lead you will be at the forefront of the further transformation of GRS, both in terms of defining how we deliver change and being responsible for specific projects and initiatives that will make us a more efficient and effective organisation. To do this we’re leveraging digital communication and recruitment platforms as well as robotics and automation. In this role you will manage, motivate and lead a team of change and project managers and work across the business to plan and deliver change.
Specifically you will have responsibility for managing our Front Door for Change process which provides a single entry point for all change, whether it’s a small piece of continuous improvement, a project or programme.
This includes continually improving processes and ways of working and ensuring we assess the impact of change across our entire business.
You’ll work across GRS and beyond to facilitate the initiation and definition stages of newly identified programmes and projects to articulate the vision and the purpose, costs, benefits and any potential risks to ensure feasibility within a defined scope and requirements.
You’ll also be responsible for ensuring we manage risks, issues and dependencies in a mature and timely manner and act as a point of contact with PMO in our parent organisation Government Business Services, so we’re adopting best practices, common ways of working and providing accurate project reporting.
- To lead a team of change managers and project managers, providing guidance, support and coaching to develop the team.
- To manage and optimise the business processes relating to all change activity in GRS.
- Overseeing development and application of appropriate change and risk models using standard tools, techniques to identify and manage risks.
- Leading and facilitating the initiation and definition stages of newly identified programmes and business projects to articulate the vision and the purpose, costs, benefits and any potential risks to ensure feasibility within a defined scope and requirements.
- Developing and managing collaborative professional relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Managing programme controls and governance, including governance reporting and mandatory assurance documentation.
- Ensuring effective identification, escalation and management of risks, issues and dependencies to the appropriate governance group.
- Overseeing internal/external performance reporting and secretariat function for governance meetings.
- An experienced project or programme manager.
- An experienced team leader capable of leading, motivating and coaching a team of change professionals.
- Experience of delivering digital/IT projects and programmes.
- Experienced in delivering complex change into a busy operational business.
- Experienced in the management of risk, issues and dependencies.
- Familiar with producing and managing project and programme reporting.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills from DG down.
- Some experience of developing business cases.
- Experience of managing budgets and forecasting spend.
- Qualifications required: recognised project or programme management qualification: PRINCE2, APM and PMI.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Making Effective Decisions
- Delivering at Pace
- Changing and Improving