The Change Program Manager, Americas Manufacturing plays a critical role in the delivery of the Downstream Procurement change agenda within the Americas region, and is responsible for the management and delivery of change programs including Functional Excellence (encompassing elements of strategy, culture, people, process, systems and metrics),
In this role, you will oversee the management and delivery of strategic and continuous improvement initiatives across Downstream Procurement within the US, including change management activities which align with the business agenda and help to deliver tangible results to the bottom line. You will be accountable for the effective drive towards Functional Excellence across Downstream Procurement in US Manufacturing. Additionally, you will report progress in the delivery of assigned projects, change activity, as well as the communications, project and change management elements associated with those projects to the Downstream Procurement audience and the broader stakeholder community in the business.
- Manages the development and delivery of strategic change projects in Downstream Procurement
- Ensure projects are consistent with the global strategic agenda across Downstream Procurement
- Reports progress on assigned projects and change activities to whom?
- Manages the relationship with the key Procurement and business stakeholders impacted by the implementation of assigned projects
- Works with colleagues across the regional delivery and change teams to deliver consistency and commonality in the delivery of the Downstream Procurement strategic agenda
- Oversee the effective mobilization and management of resources to effectively deliver assigned strategic change projects
- Collaborates with the business to remove roadblocks and enables the practical delivery of the change programs, maximising value for BP.
- Ensures the appropriate management of change and mitigation of risk is applied.
- Manages third party interfaces to deliver the PSCM agenda e.g. consulting third parties and contractors where appropriate.
In-Year Planning and Delivery
- Contribute to key business processes and performance management forums annual planning processes to feed in procurement plans and results.
- Prepare materials and provide inputs to business processes and forums that articulate procurement strategy, plans, performance delivery and key risks.
- Contribute to Downstream Procurement communication vehicles (such as blogs, announcements, webcasts and status reporting) to build buy-in and understanding for strategic change.Coordination and production of ad-hoc communications associated with the delivery of the Downstream Procurement strategic agenda.
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline required or 7-10 years of relevant experience.
- Significant commercial and business experience.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience required
- Skilled application in communicating with and influencing at all levels in an organisation.
- Skilled application with converting strategic direction and agenda into tangible project plans, and mobilising resources to deliver those plans.
- Mastery in program and project management
- Skilled application in managing large transformational change programs - developing and implementing strategy to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of a business area / unit
- Skilled application in change management and communications