We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.92 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world’s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
We have a unique opportunity to join the Client Management Operations team in a function which will help plan, develop, implement, and execute operational tasks / processes across a wide array of functional areas and actively participate in programming the automation of these tasks.
We are seeking ambitious, proactive self-starters with industry experience in Python, VBA and SQL willing to focus on Client Operations with at least 2 years of experience in an operations-related field within Investment/Asset Management.
The role is likely to be an even 50:50 split across business-as-usual client operations support and a more technical function and the successful candidate will be able to perform client operation tasks, conduct business analysis of existing structures and actively contribute to the coding to upgrade, integrate new with old.
Depending on experience of the candidate selected, the role may encompass a combination of the following:
- Assess and identify technology/systems improvements in the support and advancement of the Client Management Operations effort.Day-to-day execution and maintenance of a wide array of operational tasks/processes.
- Close collaboration with key internal stakeholders in compliance, account management, portfolio management, product strategy, fund operations and legal to implement and execute new operational processes, and back office transition teams on transition events.
- Coordinate with counterparts in the US and EMEA offices as required to ensure transparency and consistency of operational efforts across the global business.
- Ad hoc operations projects related to enhancing custodian communication, fixed income benchmark management, portfolio performance, regulatory updates, transitions/operations technology, and operations management trainingContinue to develop on existing operational skills and develop subject matter expertise
- Good knowledge of Fixed Income and Fixed Income fundamentals and derivatives
- A good understanding of the full trading and investment life cycle. An understanding of Pricing and Risk Management and advantage
- Coding skills in Python, VBA, SQL with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong desire for constant learning.
- Experience in a client operations area within the buy or sell side.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in either a Finance and Economics related field with courses that cross over a quantitative/software related field or the other way around.
- Fluency in English is required
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple events with tight deadlines at the same time
- Confident working with PIMCO’s most senior management levels
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of cultural awareness
- Strong Presentation and communication skills
- Resourcefulness – a capacity to seek out a wealth of internal resources available to fuel your independent learning.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office