About The Role
Reporting to the Head of Client Experience, the Client Relationship Manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of the Stellar accounts.
You will work with client facing teams to set objectives and using the Stellar infrastructure to assist the client team in achieving these. You will build trusted relationships, working closely with the client team to cross-sell, develop more touchpoints and interactions with clients and lead on specific BD and marketing activities for key clients, with a view to improving the client experience. You will conduct client listening in line with the client listening protocol using this to inform the client offering whilst balancing ROI.
You will be responsible for:
Strategic client planning
• To act as the 'account manager' for a specified number of Stellar accounts.
• Liaise with the client service team for each Stellar account to ensure SMART objectives are set, and achieved, for each FY.
• Maintain the client service tools as appropriate for each individual client account, including email groups, Client Dashboards, Relationships maps and trackers, etc…
Delivery of objectives
• To chair Stellar Talks, taking a lead on calls identifying arising actions and seeing them through to completion.
• To proactively look for opportunities to cross sell other departments and Gateley's complementary businesses.
Delighting our clients
• Carrying out client listening exercises with clients ensuring any actions arising are completed.
• To liaise with clients directly and, where applicable, act as an additional contact and extension of the client service team.
• Attend client relationship meetings, where appropriate.
• Coaching fee earners in respect of client listening and client experience activities.
• Liaise with internal departments as necessary to include Finance and HR.
• To act as a point of contact for secondments ensuring opportunities are maximised and key client intel secured.
• Conduct quarterly financial analysis of key client accounts advising fee earners of increase/decreases and suggested actions for remedying.
• Deliver half and year end reporting celebrating the highlights and successes.
• To monitor client investment for all key client accounts to ensure we are not over or under investing.
Client touch points
• To proactively look for potential touch points for Stellar clients.
• To project manage production of bespoke collateral for Stellar clients as and when required.
• To always walk the client path and persuade and encourage client service teams to do the same.
• To work with the New Business Team, as appropriate, to develop compelling tenders for panel re/appointments for Stellar clients.
• To work collaboratively with the wider marketing team linking in the relevant sub departments where appropriate.
• Input into any wider client experience initiatives as required by the Head of Client Experience.
• To be aware of and comply with the company's policies and procedures.
This job description is not an exhaustive list due to the requirements of the role. Therefore, the job holder may be required from time to time to carry out other ad hoc tasks as requested.
With 60 people within our Marketing and Front of House teams, we support on all aspects of marketing and business development across Gateley including internal and external communications, bids and sales, client development, events, digital and marketing projects. Winners of the 2020 Excellence in Sales and Marketing Award at the Greater Birmingham Chamber of Commerce Awards and shortlisted in the 2022 Best Marketing Campaign Award at the Managing Partners Forum Awards, the Marketing team at Gateley has more than doubled in size in five years, reflecting the investment that the business has made in attracting and retaining exceptional marketing talent. We continue to develop and evolve our proposition and are looking for individuals with a 'can do' mentality to join the team.
• Collaborative and flexible approach, working with marketing colleagues to create marketing products and solutions which deliver the required outcomes, and where possible, exceed client expectations both within Gateley and outside
• Organised, committed to improving client service, a self-starter and able to use their initiative and generate ideas
• Ability to communicate complex marketing concepts to stakeholders with varying degrees of technical understanding
• Extensive experience in business development
• Ability to build strong, proactive relationships with fee earners across all offices and positive working relationships with the wider Marketing team and support departments.
• Can do' attitude
With support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around our great development and progression opportunities will reward your commitment and loyalty. We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual performance with an opportunity to receive an annual bonus.
In addition, we have a wide range of learning and development opportunities via our Learn platform to develop new skills and progress your career. Our My Flex comprehensive rewards package includes options covering annual leave (and the benefit of purchasing extra days), cycle to work, critical illness benefit, employee assistance programme, group personal pension, health care, season ticket loan and many more benefits (grade dependent). Finally, with Perks At Work/Home you can select a host of retail benefits that suit your needs alongside a Community Online Academy, free courses for all from fitness to coding to languages to hip hop dance.
We are Gateley
We are forward thinking and straight talking, our approach is to find solutions to the problems that our clients face. Gateley is a legal and professional services group, we are a group of formidable experts in all areas of law and business. Passionate problem solvers, we get our kicks from finding the right answers and getting our legal and business clients where they need to be. We support more than 5,700 active clients, ranging from FTSE 100 companies to private individuals, in the UK and beyond. Being part of Gateley is not just about the expertise that you bring; it's about attitude too.
The 'Gateley Story' is the story of our people and our culture. It is what has got us to where we are today as a successful business and it's the driving force behind the Gateley Team Spirit and the values that have shaped it. We have a set of shared internal values that capture what the Gateley Team Spirit is and this includes five elements that bind us all together as one Gateley: Ambitious for Success, Forward Thinking, Room to Breathe, Trusted to Do and Working Together. Every year across the group, we recognise members of our team that have gone and above and beyond and have lived these shared values. They are recognised at our annual Gateley Team Spirit awards.
Diversity, inclusion and well being
Diversity, inclusion and well-being is an important part of Gateley's culture and values. We recruit talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures, providing equal opportunities for all to join our team regardless of age, sex, race, sexual orientation, disability, or culture.
We create an exciting and rewarding place to work that aims to fulfil everyone's potential and together to achieve personal and business goals. We offer flexible working patterns to help our staff achieve a good work/ life balance and we encourage candidates seeking flexibility in their next role to apply for any of our vacancies.
We are proud to have been recognised by The Law Society as gold standard for our Diversity and Inclusion Charter and to be Stonewall Diversity Champions.
If you are successful in receiving an offer of a role with our company a variety of pre-employment screening checks will be completed. Our screening checks can include but are not limited to your eligibility to work, professional and academic qualifications, any criminal records, your financial stability, and references from previous employers. The screening that takes place will be relevant to your role and will vary from role to role.