Colleges Marketing Manager - BTEC
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented teams who make it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we’re always re-examining how people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
About the team
The BTEC Marketing team generates creative campaigns to engage teaching professionals with courses and learning services which prepare young people for the world of work. Based in Oxford and London, we’re an open, friendly team, always open to new ideas.
About the role
The ideal step for a Marketing professional ready to take a lead role in creating marketing strategies and plans for high-profile business opportunities in the Colleges market.
If this is the job for you, you’ll be able to:
Campaign creation and management
- Develop and implement creative marketing strategies and multi-channel campaigns for selected high-profile, high-revenue subjects which deliver on growth and retention targets. Drawing on market analysis and customer insights, you’ll ensure all campaigns are delivered to the highest quality, on time, within budget and meeting campaign KPIs and business objectives.
- Define and draw on research and customer insight to develop customer journeys and personas to benchmark and position BTEC customer experience against our competitors as best-in-class, tailored to the needs of your sectors.
- Take responsibility for specific projects or tasks as required by senior Marketing colleagues as the need arises.
Set targets and measure success
- Set clear targets and commercial goals for each campaign and measure success by chairing regular campaign progress updates with sales and Product Management. Report weekly and monthly on campaign successes, including budget tracking, to drive continuous improvement.
- Work with Market Research to deepen your customer insight, developing an ongoing customer testing programme for content and messaging in your subjects. Use results to adjust and optimise campaigns.
Customer and competitor insights
- Draw on research and time spent in the market to gather customer and competitor insights, creating persuasive positioning and messaging to present our offer and brand strongly against competitors in your sales and marketing campaigns.
- Seek out ideas, insights and inspiration from within and outside the education industry to drive creativity and innovation in all aspects of your work.
Cross-team collaboration and communication
- As the strategic marketing lead and expert marketing voice for your sectors of responsibility, you’ll build strong, collaborative networks with internal teams and colleagues including Sales, Product Management and Teaching Services, ensuring an integrated, go-to-market approach.
Who are we looking for?
If you have experience of creating and/or managing B2B campaigns and you’re ready for even greater ownership of campaign strategies and plans, this role could be for you. We’re looking for a self-motivated, creative marketing professional with a can-do attitude who’s interested in education and interested in taking their skills and experience to the next level:
- Proven experience of defining strategies and creating and implementing marketing plans, including budget management and response analysis.
- Proven experience of core B2B marketing techniques including segmentation, content creation, messaging development and copywriting, digital, social media, email and print channels. Previous experience of marketing automation would be useful but not essential.
Behaviours and employability skills
- Team working, networking and internal relationship management and leadership.
- Project management, planning and prioritisation skills.
- Self-motivated and “hands-on”, taking the initiative to problem solve and find solutions.
- Working with agencies and external suppliers to deliver on time and on budget.
- Work under time pressure with often changing priorities.
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please apply.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Oxford
Work Locations: GB-Oxford-Jordan Hill Halley Court Jordan Hill Oxford OX2 8EJ
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 23, 2018
Job Unposting: May 7, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1804521
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.