In this role, you will have responsibility for aiding in the development of business plans, advanced planning of Turn Around (TAR) operations, and commercial project evaluation.
- Accountable for interface between operations, maintenance, technical, supply and production planning organizations for 4+ month plans
- Accountable for developing and communicating economic incentives, value drivers to refinery stakeholders and identifying strategic key risks and opportunities using the refinery LP.
- Perform studies to determine mid to long term strategies for refinery and supply leadership teams including business case justification and opportunity prioritisation
- Responsible for gross margin calculation of all mid-term refinery opportunities and small projects aligned with Business Improvement Plan objectives/goals.
- Acts as interface between project development and production planning teams in the development of mid term project economic evaluations
- Lead efforts to identify and implement opportunities to improve gross margin delivery during TARs.
- Optimize the refinery 10 year TAR plan to minimize gross margin impacts within TAR execution and unit operations constraints.
- Assist efforts to update the 10 year TAR plan by networking with all impacted refinery teams and seeking management approval for changes to the plan
- Support the LP accuracy and fitness review processes by participating in site LP audits and readily communicating accuracy discrepancies to the LP Developer.
- Support development of commercial tools for scheduling and LP team.
BA or BS in engineering, business or technical discipline (engineering preferred)
To be successful in this role, you should have a minimum of four years experience preferably in engineering and/or supply/optimization.
You should bring an understanding of process engineering principles that influence refinery profitability. You are an effective and influential communicator who can work with different parts of the organization to drive optimization and maximum profitability.